Please Note: Shift work (days, evening and night rotation) will be required during snow and ice control operations.
Depending on the season, this position duties and responsibilities will vary. in this permanent full time position, you will be responsible to operate all vehicles and equipment in accomplishing all operations and maintenance tasks assigned in delivering the prescribed programs and services in the Roads section of the City.
Road Maintenance and Operations
- Operate diverse vehicles and equipment in a safe and skillful manner to complete assigned tasks.
- Perform all assigned tasks in roadway snow and ice control operations.
- Repair and replacement of city sidewalks.
- Maintenance of traffic control devices including traffic signs and traffic lights.
- Perform asphalt repair and maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in the operation of various equipment,
- Certifications and training in equipment operations is an asset,
- Valid Alberta Class 3Q Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is mandatory.
- Must possess the physical strength and dexterity to perform manual labour for extended periods of time under various weather conditions.
If you require assistance applying to this job, please contact our support staff and refer to job number: J0921-0785.
Position Description - Operator - Roads - August 2020