Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Accessible Housing opens doors for people with limited mobility to enhance dignity through
accessible homes that are appropriate and affordable. By providing a continuum of housing and
supports, we work to ensure that everyone has a home and belongs in community.
For more information about Accessible Housing, please view our website at
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for the design/planning,
implementation, coordination and evaluation of all fund development initiatives associated with
Accessible Housing. We are looking for an innovative, creative thinker who can help us achieve
our mission and vision by understanding, capturing the real-life stories of our residents/clients and
the important work we do.
This position will coordinate and implement all aspects of our fundraising efforts, working with
government, corporations, foundations and individual donors, building new relationships as well
as stewarding current and past donors. This position will also work closely with the executive
leadership team and members of the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Accessible Housing’s fund development strategy and associated
fundraising priorities including stewardship plan, donor inventory analysis/management
and future fund development opportunities.
- Inform and support both the Executive Leadership Team and Fund Development
Committee of the Board to achieve outcomes.
- Develop big picture ideas and be equally willing to put in the hard work on the ground to
support those ideas throughout execution.
- Lead staff and board through organizational culture-shift to help execute a strategy to
increase unrestricted funding through relationship focus and philanthropic priority setting.
- Create and execute a proactive grants management program, as appropriate driven by
needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with external agencies as required in relation to fund development activities.
- Develop and track deliverables on all proposals, grants and reports for all foundation and
- Assist Executive and Leadership Teams with relationship development, including
government relations as required.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage the policies and practices of the donor base and ensure staff responsibilities for
data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Generate a development pipeline including a list of qualified prospects and plan to move
prospects to donors.
- Develop and deliver insightful, impactful funding presentations and cultivation
experiences for prospective supporters.
- Oversee creation, planning and implementation of specifically determined fundraising
events each year.
- Provide fundraising reports to stakeholders as required (internal & external).
- Work with volunteer coordinator to facilitate team volunteering for corporate partners.
- Plan and administer budget for department.
- Keep informed of current funding trends, system (policy) changes to increase
organizational adaptability, sustainability helping us move into an area of thought
leadership within the mandate of the organization.
- Oversee team member responsible for marketing/communications for the organization as
well as coordination of specific messaging from the perspective of Fund Development.
- Assist (as required) with development of Knowledge Centre (Accessible U – our online
resource for individuals looking for support/answers around how to make spaces more
- Act as organizational spokesperson when required.
- Other duties as mutually determined.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and/or a minimum of 5-7 years’ direct leadership
experience in fund development (with affinity for marketing/communications and
- Strong fundraising track record and passion for exceeding targets, a pre-existing network
of strong relationships would be an asset.
- Superior experience in management and stewardship of donor relations.
- Experience working with/in the non-for-profit sector.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations.
- Experience in preparing grant applications to foundations and other agencies and project
management skills to oversee the deliverables of the grant.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to work independently
and as part of a team in a hands-on role.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification is considered an asset.
- Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills
including the ability to deal with multiple priorities at the same time.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of potential funders from corporate business
and government to partner organizations and individuals.
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) skills with an innate ability to adapt
messaging appropriate to the audience. Comfortable delivering presentations and
possess a dynamic presentation style.
- Familiarity with fund development database software.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competence and working with diverse populations.
- Ability to supervise team members and work interdepartmentally.
- Communication: Active listening, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and sharing
relevant information appropriately to distinct audiences using a wide range of platforms.
Ensure clear communication of the right message at the right time to the right people.
- Relationships and collaboration: Develops, maintains and establishes relationships inside
and outside the organization with respect, an ethos of service, humanity and
- Leadership: Bold, passionate and results oriented. Keeps a big-picture perspective,
while establishing multiple strategic efforts toward common vision then mentors and
guides others towards that vision.
- Forward thinking: Anticipates and plans for up and coming opportunities to engage with
past, present and future donors in an impactful and sustainable way.
- The Director of Fund Development may be required to attend events outside of office
- This position may require carrying and installation of display materials.
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
If you are looking for a rewarding career at a growing organization, please apply with your
resume and cover letter and cite Director of Fund Development in the subject line.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications:
Until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates for expressing an interest in this position and we will be in touch with
those candidates demonstrating the best fit for the organization’s needs.
Accessible Housing employees enjoy competitive compensation, extended health and dental
benefits, a matching RRSP after one year of service, an accelerated schedule for earning
additional vacation days, your birthday off, and a flexible work environment.