- Checks guests in and out of the Property accurately and in a timely manner.
- Greets all guests that come into contact with Guest Relations ensuring that the guest’s name is used at all times.
- Handles guest enquiries and provides information on local attractions and gives directions as required.
- Takes reservations as required in the absence of the Front Office Manager/Night Manager.
- Answers all telephone calls in a professional, friendly manner.
- Equips the front desk at the commencement of each shift with the adequate stationery and forms.
- Records guest comments for the information of the Front Office Manager.
- Sets up guest accounts accurately.
- Reconciles cashier floats at the completion of each shift maintain an accurate float.
- Documents all transactions and alterations to accounts.
- Communicate with Team Members on the following shift in order to ensure continuity of service.
- Ensures special requests are actioned appropriately and timely.
- Maintains the cleanliness and the presentation of the front desk at all times.
- Communicate with Housekeeping to ensure relevant information is transferred.
- Carries out transactions of foreign currency accurately.
- Reads all communication material at the commencement of each shift.
- Collects payment of accounts and issues receipts accordingly.
- Processes emails as required.
- Always maintains Team member dress and grooming standards.
- Ensure room audits are carried our accurately and on a daily basis.
- Helps housekeeping staff with guest room cleaning as required.
- Performs housekeeping duties during off hours as required.
- Complies with Property safety rules, reports all accidents and incidents and raises any safety issues or concerns with the Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Bend, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)