Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Analytics and Automation, the Digital Analytics Implementation Specialist will help drive our digital strategy by developing and managing a robust Analytics Implementation and Tag Management roadmap. The Digital Marketing Team is a part of the Marketing Communications Division within Canopy Growth. As a central service, it supports our core and partner brands across both the Recreational and Medical markets.
You combine awesome business acumen with extremely strong technical skills, a deep understanding of data layer and tag management methodologies – and should thrive in a fast-paced environment working with a variety of stakeholders. New concepts excite you and your desire to refine and optimize strategies and processes is central to everything you do.
- Build, Implement, Standardize & Maintain a Tag Management Strategy across our digital properties (AEM, Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch)
- Create and Manage the roadmap for digital analytics implementation work to align all stakeholders with the business’s top priorities and expected outcomes, assess progress and recalibrate when required
- Engage in the digital property development roadmap and identify optimizations that will require updating to our analytics implementation. Work with IT & development partners to execute changes to the data layer to support updates to our tag management
- Maintain all Adobe Launch properties, updating data elements and rules as required
- Maintain all Adobe Analytics Report Suite configuration
- Support and develop processes and documentation for tagging, testing, QA and reporting
- Manage our Digital Data Dictionary
- Support Adobe Target and A/B testing ensuring proper tagging and taxonomy
- Advocate for Digital Analytics and the importance of a robust tag management and analytics strategy
- Other duties as assigned to support our Analytics and Automation programs
- 3+ years tag management experience
- 5+ years in a digital analytics/marketing environment (Bonus points for eCommerce experience)
- Extensive knowledge of digital analytics implementation tools and techniques: tracking libraries and SDKs, cookies, Data Layer, Tag Management Systems, report suite configuration, etc. The ideal candidate’s experience will be with Adobe Analytics and Launch
- Advanced understanding of other analytics and automation tools - especially around testing and segmentation. (More bonus points here for Adobe Experience Cloud knowledge)
- Testing and QA experience
- Proven understanding of digital KPIs across all channels
- Experience in report and dashboard creation
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Excellent communicator with a superior ability to present and influence business decisions
- Independent contributor who is self-driven but an effective collaborator
- Thorough understanding of data privacy and CASL
- Adobe AEM, Campaign, Target, Audience Manager experience an asset
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON with possibility of remote work for the ideal candidate.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.