The Janitor position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the interior and exterior of buildings, facilities and their surrounding grounds. Additional responsibilities include removal of waste and recycling containers and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure safety and cleanliness.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Run floor scrubber.
- Empty garbage and recycling bins.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop all areas indicated on housekeeping plan.
- Wash or scrub designated areas as required.
- Maintain outside company property.
- Work in conjunction with maintenance personnel as needed.
- Calculate cost of supplies by multiplying unit prices by quantities and totaling them.
- High School Diploma or equivalent general election.
- Previous cleaning or janitorial experience considered an asset.
- Able to interact with clients to provide and receive job-related information, assess cleaning situations and discuss costs.
- Ability to read and understand Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) labels on products to understand applicable safety cautions.
- Ability to handle complaints and respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently, but coordinate work schedules with others.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.