For Barrie Area
Our Mission and Vision to build a supportive and caring community and to guide our learners to reach their full potential through skills instruction using the home-education model to respond to each learner specific education, social and vocational needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary workers are directly responsible for direct care of our complex resident; including feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, and bowel and bladder care (for some individuals)
- Responsible for implementing program and suggestions for improving program
- 1:1 support for a complex care resident in residence and out in the community, by providing behaviour management support
- Support our resident to reach their full potential by building relationships with residents, demonstrating an interest in the resident, responding to resident needs, negotiating focused goals and building their self-esteem
- Support and follow individual plans consistently while facilitating and implementing educational, recreational, and vocational programs.
- Communicating and documenting any change in the status or needs of individual residents while maintaining positive and effective relations with residents, their families, co-workers, and management
- Participate as a member in a team environment by promoting and maintaining professional conduct, resolving conflict, acknowledging individual differences and supporting team members and residents
- Protect self and others by maintaining a safe environment via safety inspections, emergency procedures, crisis intervention techniques and Safe Management
- On-going housekeeping related duties which include, meal preparation, laundry and light clean up
- Complete necessary documentation in accordance with our Policies and Procedures, and the Ministry of Community and Social Services requirements and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends, weekdays and evenings and holidays and overnight awakes.
- Required: Diploma in Child and Youth Studies or Development Service Worker, or Social Service or equivalent education from a recognized Educational Institute
- First Aid Level C
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector, medical clearance and successfully pass Safe Management training
- Valid G Class Driver License
Locations: Barrie Area
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /year
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)