Job Title: Renovation Specialist / Maintenance Associate
Classification : Permanent, Full Time - 40 hours/week GUARANTEED!
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Start Rate: $24.00 - $26.00 per hour
We offer Health & Dental Benefits, RRSP match, Rental Discount, Fitness Reimbursement + more!
- Ensure the health, comfort and safety of our Customers
- Ensure daily communication with all site Associates
- Address Customer Requests for Maintenance (CRFMs) within 72 hours
- Fix it right the first time
- Vacant suite maintenance, renovations and touch ups as per established quality standards
- General common area and building maintenance
- Coordinate inspections of turnover suites with Customer Service Representatives
- Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Preventative Maintenance inspections and reporting
- Ensure contractors arrive as per scheduled timelines and complete their work as per the conditions of contract
- Snow removal as required
- Touch-up painting in common areas as required
- Ensure proper and accurate inventory management
- Perform on call emergency maintenance according to schedule provided by Area Coordinator
- Complete all required administration for the position on a tablet
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Area Coordinator
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 3 years renovation and maintenance experience required
- Working knowledge of English language both verbal and written
- Familiarity with computer tablets a must
- Should be proficient in 70% of the below skills:
- Walls - frame a wall, wall replacement, install drywall, mud, tape, sand, paint, tub surround replace, repair tile, install tile, repair/replace baseboard, install bathroom mirrors and medicine cabinets
- Ceilings - all areas of repair, stipple ceiling repair/replace, ceiling tile and T-bar install
- Cabinets - all areas of repair, re-facing cabinets, complete install cabinets
- Countertops - all areas of repair, replace countertops
- Floors - replace subfloor, laminate/carpet/tile repair and/or replace
- Doors/Windows - closet repair/replace, door repair/replace, new door frame repair/replace, window blind repair (minor)/install
- Exterior - deck repair/build, texturing, parging, fence repair/replace (including chain link), install new windows in a wall, concrete repair/replace
- Plumbing - basic plumbing (all aspects of toilet repair, toilet replace, sinks (leaks and drainage), taps, replace dip tube on hot water heater, solder pipes, run power auger to clear blocked lines, install shutoffs
- Basic Boiler/Heating - change canister filter, familiar with all gauges, shut offs, chemical testing, taps, piping, hot service igniter, zone valves
- Furnace - oil motor, change belt, high limit sensor, replace thermocouple, replace thermostat
- Locks - all aspects of repair/replace, complete re-keying including mastering in both weiser and schlag
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to fix the problem correctly the first time
- Dedicated to building better communities for all our Customers and surrounding communities
- Ability to take responsibility for all actions and decisions and to follow through until a resolution is obtained
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills coupled with ability to multi-task and prioritize (excellent time-management skills)
- Ability to work independently (self managed) and with other Associates in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and be flexible in nature
- Displays a high level of initiative and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, enthusiasm and assertiveness
- Ensure have all tools on the tool list
- Ability to spend up to eight hours walking, standing, climbing stairs, lifting
- Ability to maneuver up to 90kg with the proper equipment
- Vehicle required
- Valid driver's license
- On-call over time required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a Cover Letter and a Resume.
We would like to thank you in advance for your application, however, only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, and Post-offer/Pre-employment Physical Testing where applicable.
About the Company
Over 30 years ago Boardwalk began with a clear Mission, to provide Resident Members with quality rental communities, a vision for the future and a commitment to five core values. These Mission, Vision and Values, coupled with Boardwalk’s Golden Foundation, have helped to create a team of Associates who are committed to building better communities. Whether it is a local Community or a global one, Boardwalk Associates approach it with the same foundation and aim to build and strengthen it.
At Boardwalk, we strive to become your “Employer of Choice”. We are committed to engaging our Associates through mutual respect, trust and honesty as well as following our Golden Foundation which is to “Treat others as you would like to be treated", “Be Good”, “Love Community” and “Have Fun."
We believe that we are providing our Associates with a workplace that they can call home; a place where coming to work isn’t a chore. We continually look for new and innovative ways to engage our Associates not only in their day-to-day work, but also ways to get involved in the Community and provide opportunities to give back.
Boardwalk is seeking individuals who have a positive attitude, are energetic and as passionate as we are in building communities and serving our Resident Members. You must be self-driven, productive and have the capacity to deliver high-quality results. Working within a team is essential to your success at Boardwalk.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $27.00 /hour
- Renovation: 2 years (Required)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Class 5 & Vehicle (Required)