In a Call Centre environment, the Bilingual Customer Service Officer provides information and superior customer service to resolve inquiries from clients about the products administered by the department. The incumbent must adhere to established quality and performance service standards. The incumbent may also be required to process routine non-financial transactions in between calls.
- Respond to telephone inquiries regarding products in an efficient and professional manner, in compliance with overall performance standards and departmental service standards.
- Resolve client concerns regarding their file through close collaboration with other internal stakeholders, such as Credit Officers, Administration Officers, and Business Development staff.
- Reviews and responds to written inquiries from clients, compiles and distributes data for resolution of client issues, and escalates issues that are beyond their scope.
- Process routine, written requests for information between calls.
- Maintain excellent and up-to-date knowledge of features, policies and procedures about the products and services.
- Assist Senior Customer Service Officer and Assistant Manager in creating new scripts, Quick Reference Guides, and Question-Answer Documents pertaining to both new and current product offerings, processes, procedures and legislative changes.
- Cooperate in the preparation of the weekly schedule for the Call Centre.
- Work closely with all product owners to improve the flow of information and procedural changes within their departments and Customer Service.
- Monitors and follows-up on escalated call tickets.
- Works closely with internal clients, to improve the flow of information and implement any procedural changes.
- Explain and ensure compliance with current legislation, Bank policies, programs, and procedures, as well as industry and Canada Revenue Agency's standards for clients.
- Keep abreast of new product information and promotions, organizational policies and procedures, industry standards and trends, as well as legislation by Canada Revenue Agency.
- Contribute ideas to promote efficiency and a higher standard of service within the Call Centre.
- Participates in special projects and carries out any other similar or general task at the request of their superior or that may be required by their function.
- Must be Bilingual (French/English) verbal and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma and 1 to 3 years of related work experience in customer service, preferably in a call centre environment within a financial institution.
- Completion of Investment Funds of Canada course (IFIC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset.
- Good knowledge of banking, mortgage, investment accounts and investment lending products.
- Demonstrated listening, interpersonal verbal and written communication skills are required for the role.
- Proven customer service skills; solid listening skills in order to address customers needs, ability to anticipate needs or problems; ability to problem solving and efficiently finding solutions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability in core and role specific competencies including teamwork, adaptability, listening, interpersonal and verbal communication, results orientation, judgement.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
B2B Bank and/or the Laurentian Bank of Canada and their subsidiaries may collect, use or disclose personal information of job candidates for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
No unsolicited Agency referrals please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)