Are you a journey-level Diesel Technician or Diesel Shop Supervisor ready for your next challenge? Are you skilled at motivating others, building consensus and bringing out the best in your Team?
If you're looking for a healthy company culture that's merit-based, with high activity and safety standards that are second-to-none, then check out our Maintenance & Parts Manager opportunity!
Reporting to the Vice-President, Fleet Services, you will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance, garage and repair operations carried out by the Maintenance Team. As the Maintenance & Parts Manager, you will use a best practices approach to develop and deliver quality service in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. You will supervise daily operations, be involved in ensuring the efficient delivery of our in-house maintenance and repairs to Coach Canada's fleet. As well as, provide advice regarding repairs, modifications and maintenance issues, while being accountable for establishing and achieving sectional deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A current and valid Ontario 310T Truck and Coach Technician License
- Requires at least three years' supervisory experience or experience sufficient to demonstrate complete competency and knowledge of the principles of supervisory practices. Extensive experience in a supervisory position and progressive experience within a fleet service organization.
- Must possess and maintain a Class "DZ" Driver's License valid in the Province of Ontario free of any serious offences. A valid 310S Automotive License will be considered an additional asset.
- Knowledge in all areas of commercial diesel maintenance with at least five years of journey level experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy-duty road-licensed diesel trucks and/or buses is recommended.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and proven success in motivating and leading employees to ensure productivity and throughput, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Direct knowledge and understanding of manufacturers' service requirements for a diverse variety of fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to use electronic/diagnostic equipment and to analyze vehicle/equipment problems.
- Ability to read and apply information from manufacturer and procedure manuals for performing and scheduling repairs and ensuring safety measures; and to write reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, policies and procedures, and fleet management practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act and the Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration program as it pertains to fleet repair shops.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the application of computerized maintenance management systems and the related reporting to support Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Human relations and organizational skills to organize and coordinate work of self and staff; instruct and train staff in specific work methods and procedures; communicate recommendations to management and other staff; assist other staff and participate as an effective team leader.
- Ability to independently prioritize, assign and schedule work and inspections, ensuring safe operating conditions.
- Ability to participate when necessary to respond to legislated or time sensitive demands beyond regularly scheduled work hours.
- Create and sustain safe and productive work environment.
- Stay current on maintenance trends relating to industry, maintenance, technology, staffing and regulation; supervise deployment of updated technology for timely, safe and effective work.
- Embrace accountability and directives from Management
Please visit our website to complete an online application or email your resume directly to Sarah.email@example.com
We thank all those interested; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.