Stollery Suites Building Manager (Kamloops)
Reports To: Director of Property Services
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break.
Wage Range: $22.00 to $24.00 commensurate with experience.
Vacation: Permanent Full-Time/Temporary Full-Time (over three months) who work more than 30 hours per week are eligible for three weeks paid vacation in the first year and they may be taken after a successful probationary period. In the second year, this entitlement increases to four weeks. In the fifth year, the entitlement increases to five weeks. Each year after five years the entitlement is five weeks plus one day for every subsequent year to a maximum of six weeks. Unless otherwise negotiated.
Benefits: Permanent Full-Time employees are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). All employees have access to the Yearly Physical Activity Bonus, two additional ASK Statutory Holidays, Annual Retreats, Training's, and ASK Staff Social Events.
Who is the ASK Wellness Society? The ASK Wellness Society is a not for profit organization that supports individuals within the BC Region with opportunities and the resources to change their current situation. It’s about reaching out to those people who are homeless and battling addictions, helping them find housing and medical care, addressing their addictions, stabilizing mental health issues and, ultimately, providing them with the skills to re-enter the work force. The ASK Wellness Society administers an unconditional sense of hope to those who are convinced they are incapable of ever achieving a stable and meaningful life.
Purpose and Function: Manage the day to day operation of a residential apartment building with the goal of having clean, full, quiet maintained building with a happy community and residents. To provide life skills services to Program Participants who are at-risk of homelessness in our community. Promote/mentor healthy, independent living skills to Program Participants in order for them to achieve their goals and live as independently as possible. Service delivery is based on a client centered, non-judgmental perspective.
· Encourage and support Program Participants to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providing information, emotional/practical support and training as appropriate;
· Complete daily check ‘ins with all non-Program Participants;
· Ensure participants have valid ID, medical coverage, bus passes and PWD if necessary, and assisting with budgeting;
· When necessary, be trained to be the first to respond to an overdose situation with on the spot overdose response and support and prepared to work calmly and together with your team, paramedics and police in crisis situations;
· General maintenance of building, including but not limited to painting, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, monthly inspections, mechanical systems upkeep, landscaping;
· Shoveling main entrance and side entrances when required;
· Liaison with Property Services to ensure building meets all safety requirements;
· Facilitate monthly Fire Inspection/Drills as per Occupational Health and Safety;
· Coordinate with Property Services with regards to maintenance and upkeep;
· Ensure compliance with all Society supportive standards, policies and procedures;
· Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
· Complete Move In and Move Out inspections for all Stollery Suites Non-Program residents;
· Assist Property Services Team with move in/move out paperwork for Stollery Suites Non-Program residents as required by ASK Property Services Department;
· Assist team to maintain complete documentation, verbal and written reports, statistics and records in files and on ShareVision database;
· Complete all Rent Rolls for tenants within Stollery Suites;
· In collaboration with Property Services, write and serve notices such as evictions and suspensions;
· Maintain files and documentation to the COA Standard and when requested, be a member of the COA’s Performance and Quality Improvement team in which you will encourage the organization to use data to identify areas of needed improvement and implement improvement plans.
Qualifications and Suitability:
· Bachelor of Social Work, Human Service Diploma or equivalent and/or experience with mental health/addiction and homelessness issues;
· Ability to work as a team member in a case management setting involving multi-agency supports;
· Understands and maintains clientele/worker boundaries;
· Basic cleaning and maintenance knowledge required;
· Strong working knowledge of community resources;
· Excellent communication, writing, documentation and organizational skills;
· Must pass criminal record check for vulnerable sector and reference screening;
· VAT (Vulnerability Assessment Tool) training an asset;
· Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Practice and ASSIST Training an asset;
· Level 1 First Aid and WHMIS required;
· In-house Violence Prevention Training provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 /hour