What is the opportunity?
As an integral part of the Wealth Management Services team, the Financial Planning Analyst focuses on providing clients with comprehensive financial planning solutions. This involves acting as the primary financial planner in our centralized service as well as in a partnership role with the Financial Planning Specialists in their respective regions. Both services require the preparation and ongoing development of our proprietary “Compass” comprehensive financial plans.
NB: This is not a Financial Analyst role but rather a Financial Planning Analyst role where the focus is on providing tax, retirement, and estate planning strategies using our proprietary personal financial planning set of tools.
What will you do?
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans on behalf of the various sales forces and with the Financial Planning Specialists which includes determining the clients’ objectives, analyzing the clients’ current situations, and developing appropriate advice, strategies and recommendations
- Contribute ideas and participate in development projects to enhance our service and generate revenues
- Stay current with financial planning standards and practices
- Be involved in spotting, anchoring, introducing, and following up on opportunities for complimentary businesses and solutions
- Maintain a high level of partnership and knowledge regarding all of RBC’s units
- Provide ongoing coaching and training to other professionals in Wealth Management Services
What do you need to succeed?
- Superior communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal
- Financial Planner diploma granted by the IQPF
- 3 to 5 years of experience in financial planning, client-facing experience a strong asset
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the Canadian taxation system
- Working knowledge of financial planning software (NaviPlan preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Financial strength and strong brand
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
1 Place Ville Marie
Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):