Build with us, Grow with us.
We are Liquid Analytics, an innovative data science company that transforms how organizations compete in the 21st century. We believe that ‘data is the new code’ and this belief helps us build augmented intelligence (AI) solutions that learn and grow as organizations evolve.
We are a privately held organization positioned to grow based on our stellar track record and traction with enterprise clients. We have a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, mathematicians, software engineers, and designers that are collaborative and like-minded when it comes to our mission of using machine learning to change the way businesses interact and learn from their data.
We are expanding and opening an office in Montreal and looking to hire multiple Senior Software Engineers; Computational Engineers, Applied Mathematicians, Operations Research Specialist, and Senior Data Program Managers.
Position: Lead Development Manager
Location: Montreal (Located/willing to relocate)
As a 'Talent First' employer, we hire the best people regardless of location. If you have the skils, and are a self-starter, we'd love to meet you!
The ideal Lead Development Manager will focus on managing a team of expert developers to successfully deliver modern Cloud applications. Activities include program management, thought leadership, resource and people management (team, client and executive), and overall oversight of projects and product delivery.
- You have led and managed a team of developers and brought to market, a FE/BE, modern Cloud application based on Microservices
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Project and Program Management
- (Including) 3 years of coding experience means you can conduct code reviews, use Git, IDEs, Debuggers, ticketing and understand DevOps tools
- You understand tool chain for: DevOps, Java Script, Python, IOS, Microservices, Linux, SQL, Testing
- You are skilled at: scrum, user stories, code, tools, patterns, tech, Cloud architecture
- 2 years as Lead Developer, and 2 years bringing a ‘modern’ Cloud application to market and have deep experience with Cloud architecture
- 1+ year working knowledge of UX (User Experience)
- Experience with software development projects; an ability to learn technical concepts quickly and communicate those concepts to others. Previous experience in Data or Business Intelligence is a plus.
- Experience managing key stakeholders and technical teams of 10-20 people (Senior Architects, developers and designers).
- A passion for leadership and a proven talent for building consensus and driving change
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors, and between project teams and senior leadership
- An understanding of big data, cloud platforms and API’s
- Good knowledge of project and program management methodology and techniques
- Experience managing large numbers of data projects
- Passionate about learning new technologies and approaches
- Ability to work and negotiate with clients to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and in-scope, given non-trivial risks and dependence.
- You are or can be Google Cloud certified
- Ability to learn the foundation of machine learning and deep learning.
Job Type: Full-time
- Development Manager: 5 years (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- English (Required)