Agronomic Excellence Technician (12 month contract)-1902779
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Agronomic Excellence Technician (12 month contract) - (1902779)
Formula for Success
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with direction from the manager to assist in conducting a high quality field research program.
- Maintain successful, sustainable and productive relationships with previously identified growers who lease land for trials.
- Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance on a variety of commercial scale field research equipment including tractors, sprayers, swathers and combines with direction from manager.
- Safely operate a variety of field equipment to seed, spray, maintain and harvest field trials as required including transporting equipment between sites using a semi truck and trailer.
- Prepare for field tours by ensuring alleyways are maintained weed free, signage and tents are in place and maintained throughout the season and removed at the end of the tour season.
- Collect in-depth phenotypic evaluation notes following protocols provided and ensure data is entered electronically and maintained accurately at all times.
- Assist with trial seed logistics activities, including inventory of shipments, preparing envelopes, treating and packaging trial seed.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and observations throughout the year.
- Perform basic data management tasks including summaries and literature reviews.
- Supervises and coaches Summer Associates as required.
- Problem solving through analytical thinking and judgments, with guidance from manager.
- Work within unit and cross functionally to achieve program goals.
High school diploma or equivalent required
2-3 years experience in agriculture
College Diploma or higher in agriculture preferred
Class 5 drivers license with clean abstract
Class 1 drivers license with clean abstract preferred
Ability to work outdoors
Create Your Own Chemistry:
What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
REDE - Research & Development
G-APU/CP-Canola Agro Svcs & Prod Dev-63023553