The Canadian Cattle Identification Agency (CCIA) is currently seeking a manager to oversee the day to day activities of our client services team entailing a call centre in Calgary, AB and remote field staff.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and oversee the unique needs of individual staff both in-person and remotely. The position will require technical literacy and effective communications skills to address staff and clients.
- Oversee and harmonize all client services delivered by CCIA
- Provide lead role in resource planning, budget and proposal development for service delivery initiatives
- Assist in monitoring and controlling of expenditures; authorize purchases as requested
- Assure the development and implementation of CCIA goals, objectives, policies and priorities
- Assure consistency, efficiency and accuracy by revamping current Standard Operating Procedure or establishing new ones
- Lead a team of 10+ employees both local and remote
- Revamp training procedures
- Manage staff/client questions and concerns with speed, quality and professionalism
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- College or University degree in related background is preferred
- Five or more years experience in a similar position
- Track record leading and expanding a team of 10+, with some members working remotely
- Understand regulatory and not-for-profit environment
- Experience in developing budgets and financial forecasts, creation of service delivery proposals and performance planning is required
- Engagement skills with an ability to establish strong relationships with staff
- Familiarity with technology (remote access computing and intermediate level of software skills)
- Cultural awareness and appreciation for diversity
French / English bilingualism and knowledge of the livestock industry will be considered strong assets but are not mandatory.
The successful candidate will require a “reliability status” security clearance which is a requirement of CCIA’s agreement with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Management: 5 years (Required)
Manages number of employees: 10+
Place of work: CCIA Head office in Calgary
Travel: Occasionally overnight within Canada
Reporting relationships: Reports to the General Manager
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Anne Brunet-Burgess
Application Deadline: January 10th, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)