We are looking for a General Manager to oversee the operations of our NW Limited Service Hotel located in Calgary. The selected candidate will provide day-to-day leadership and direction for guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and
staff development, to deliver a positive experience and exceptional customer service to our guests.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
· Provides exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving Brand and team goals.
· Remains highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
· Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction
and the right public image.
· Answers guests' complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction.
· Develops and implements quality assurance (QA) standards and programs for the hotel and its departments, maintain their productivity standards and compliance to the brand
· Ensures the implementation of and adherence to all policies and procedures.
· Inspects property or a regular basis and enforces the implementation of actions toward the safety, comfort, and cleanliness of the hotel and guest satisfaction.
· Helps to direct the operation of the property to ensure the highest possible profitability
· Monitor rates on a daily basis, to achieve best possible Revenue and Occupancy
· Assists in the development and implementation of Sales and Marketing Programs and Quarterly Sales Strategy Reports, solicits new and repeat business for the hotel
· Contributes and supports the strategies to reach the short and long-term financial and operational goals for the property to ensure the highest profitability and guest satisfaction, assists in the development of annual budgets
· Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, provincial and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
· Ensures that the property and its inventories are always in the best of conditions.
· Monitors cost controls on a regular basis through ordering, purchasing and budget control
· Achieves budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
· Assists on a timely basis to the preparation of operational results/reports to corporate office/owners.
· Supervises all hotel hiring practices, ensuring all practices comply with company and legal requirements. Ensures staff received proper training for each position
· Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary, keeping them well-versed in hotel policies and procedures.
· Delegates various tasks to other appropriate Team Members to ensure the smooth
operation of the property.
· Monitors performance, develops and guides associates in hospitality career path.
· Responsible for ensuring the proper confidentiality and maintenance of Human Resources files, i.e., personnel files, medical files, investigative files, etc.
· Promotes teamwork and high morale with associates.
· Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience :
· Franchised hotel experience preferred.
· Hotel Management or General Business degree preferred.
· Three to Five Years Hotel management experience preferred.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
· Communication: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Customer Service: Managing and responding quickly to customers’ needs
· Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and demanding work environment.
· Strong human resources management and leadership skills.
· Financial management and math skills: Revenue generation, P&L, and other reports
· Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Teamwork: Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
· Dependability: Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivating to work with little guidance.
· Effective negotiation and strategic thinking skills.
· Business Management: initiative, judgement and innovation skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with accounting systems preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24-hours a day. Ability to work flexible schedule
including weekends and holidays.
· Comply with the hotel professional attitude and appearance standards.
· Current and valid driver’s license
Salary and Benefits negotiable and based upon Experience.
Job Type: Full-time