WATERFRONT NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE
Program Worker-RM13: Photography & Videography
- To plan, promote & implement programs, activities & special events that focus on photography and videography for children & youth based on recognition of their individual needs and which fosters positive children/youth development.
- To advocate on behalf of children & youth and to provide support & resources for self-determination and representation.
- To provide support and the development of skills in independent program solving & decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and operate under the supervision of the Supervisor-Youth and Adult Programs and Supervisor-Children’s Program programs, activities and special events for children & youth.
- To develop and implement educational and recreational programs & activities for children and youth that will; develop individual well-being by increasing self-concept, self-worth and self-determination; increase participation in decision-making process and build a sense of community among the youth of the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre. Responsible to design and implement activities based on individual and group needs and interests.
- To assist in community development and outreach and to act as a resource to community and youth groups as they seek to identify their needs and to develop resources to meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- To assist children & youth in accessing multiple services, supports and resources and to maintain active linkages with other resources and organizations.
- To facilitate community involvement and encourage volunteers and parents to assist in the programs and activities.
- To develop, support and evaluate leadership training opportunities and other skill building activities for children & youth.
- Promote the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre’s activities at large.
- To provide regular program reports and evaluations, documentations for all serious encounters.
- Arrives for scheduled shifts on time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary degree; or diploma in arts, social work or related human service discipline or combination or equivalent related education and professional experience.
- Experience in working with children & youth and demonstrated commitment to a community based approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of multi-cultural, women’s issues and demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of related community services.
- Creative ability and understanding of child/youth developmental factors, behavior management, program planning and group facilitation.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check.
- CPR and First Aid required.
Salary Scale: $19.14/hour
Hours: 3-5hrs/ per week (must be available on Saturdays)
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for application: Tuesday, November 12th , 2019
Please send resume to:
Program Worker- RM 13 Photography & Videography Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512
*Please put Program Worker-RM 13 in subject line
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.14 /hour
- working with children youth: 1 year (Preferred)
- photography/videography: 2 years (Preferred)
- First Aid/CPR (Preferred)