Senior Software Developer in Test-190013QL
Senior Software Developer in Test
Enterprise Resource Planning
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
About Oracle NetSuite:
Our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com.
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) division is made up of 60+ Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers/Researchers and Product Managers. Our office embodies the roots of a start-up culture within a large organization, and our ERP crew delivers on business-critical functionality every day. We offer great perks, such as a healthy breakfast, team events, and subsidized educational advancement opportunities.
About the ERP Order to Cash Team:
We buy things every day. Have you ever stopped to wonder, how the price was determined? What discount was applied? What discounts may have been available and to who? At Oracle NetSuite, our customers drive their business using our software. We are responsible for the pricing engine and sales order. Join our team and work at the heart of a system used by more than 18,000 customers.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
Design and implement automated functional tests and automated UI tests.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Efficiently create test plans and context switch between test plan preparation and automated test writing.
- Participate in the team’s code review process in an active and timely fashion.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with team members, including Technical Support teams, to see their resolution through to completion.
- Collaborate with fellow team members (Testers, Developers, and Product Managers) to deliver on a shared responsibility for quality.
- Contribute to product roadmap discussions and implementation.
- Mentor more junior members of the team and co-op students.
- Help lead initiatives that make us stronger as a team (e.g. internal dashboarding, metrics for our success in production, improved build processes).
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team, in its Agile process and in its general team effectiveness.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software engineering or related experience, in Java (preferred), C#, or C++.
- Experience testing database-driven web applications.
- Experience working with SQL (preferably in Oracle).
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols and Web browsers.
- Experience working in an agile team (one with developers and testers working on the same goal at the same time).
- Experience troubleshooting everything from your own development environment to client issues.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.