777 Bay Street, Suite 2200
Job Family Group:
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud and Physical Security capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
The Portfolio Governance Analyst is responsible to support the Finance & Operational governance model and its rollout across Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) at BMO. Building strong relationships across the business will add to success in this role. Accountable to support standardized, documented processes and process solutions within FCU business management team that are cost-effective and timely, and that comply with Bank policies and procedures (P&Ps). Support the monthly reconciliation processes with Accounts Payable, Clarity financial management and process control for the FCU business. Act as a key control over critical business activities related to the business management function, with a significant involvement in analyzing and advising on business Project cost builds to facilitate an effective and comprehensive understanding of business decisions and sound risk management.
Develops, promotes, maintains and manages an assigned business/group vendor management program for the management of partnerships with suppliers/service providers that improve productivity, service delivery and quality. Performs periodic reviews, analyzing program outcomes, providing insights and making recommendations for enhancement and changes as required. Ensures the effective and efficient execution of all program components, including ensuring change management & communications are in place for any enhancements / changes and mitigating any risk. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform monthly reconciliations with Accounts Payable and Time Reporting systems.
- Create reporting and financial modeling based on variance findings.
- Involved in Project budgeting and cost planning, fiscal spend management and portfolio forecast building
- Assess plan gaps and highlight options for Senior management.
- Supports the Project and/or Senior Manager in planning, forecasting, and spending phases of project life cycle.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with business partners and internal/external team members.
Identify issues and escalates/manages resolution as required.
Risk & Control :
- Coordinates and provides support to the business with the process implementation.
- Establish strong relationships with T&O Finance to ensure business is aligned fully to proper financial practices.
- Provide timely analysis of information and reports on assigned area(s) of expertise to ensure compliance with terms and conditions and ongoing maintenance of risk within acceptable levels.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and initiate changes.
- Assess and improve process effectiveness of the portfolio continuously within prescribed limits.
- Create and apply templates for gathering information on processes, ensuring understanding of risks and support for effective decision-making.
- Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
- Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to support the completion of a process or activity within established procedures.
- Resolve process problems within area of expertise. Participate in the resolution of problems outside direct authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Business Performance Management :
- Maintain key controls and review processes, where applicable, to ensure operating integrity and compliance with internal and external regulators, involving an understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements as prescribed for the business unit; provide recommendations and implement corrective actions to ensure adherence, as required.
- Identify potential risk situations within the scope of work (e.g., risk assessments), make recommendations and/or escalate to the senior manager, where appropriate, and ensure contingency plans exist.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of Being BMO, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, P&Ps for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud.
- Contribute to the management of risk and minimize losses through monitoring and controlling various reports and taking appropriate action, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank P&Ps.
- Monitor and analyze opportunities for quality improvement; recommend solutions.
- Monitor service delivery performance and production processes and quality, providing reports and recommendations to the manager for the purpose of optimizing operational effectiveness.
- Support the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with aligned with BMO values.
- Assess and document identification of change impact through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Recognize discrepancies between business needs and deliverables when reviewing and validating requirements and communicate discrepancies to stakeholders to ensure they understand and accept discrepancies/ identify the need to change project direction.
- Investigate systems-related problems/ inquiries and recommend and coordinate solution to address such issues or escalate accordingly as per escalation process and systems practices.
- Prepare and distribute (locally or externally) communication & procedural changes.
- Ensure day to day operations run smoothly, coordinate activities workflow and support the manager by performing activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, resource forecasting, quality control, training, team coaching and guidance, research and problem resolution.
- Coordinate and oversee workflow activities of a team, prioritize and/or change work schedules and work plans within pre-determined deadlines. Make decisions and be accountable.
- Provide assistance and act as contingency resource within the team when required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Specialization in Business, Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, Science or Math is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong facilitation and presentation skills. Relationship building skills are key to the role.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Experience in Finance / Accounting and Relationship Management preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure, business strategies and processes.
- Knowledgeable on business process modeling, process mapping.
- Capable of writing clear and well-structured business requirements documents.
- Ability to resolve minor conflicts/issues using different tactics for prior to escalation.
- Work with team members to understand the needs of the project.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose:
Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.