Magnum is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our growing team!
This key position is responsible for maintaining production equipment in our manufacturing environment. This includes but may not be limited to: performing daily general repairs / maintenance to facility equipment, installations, troubleshooting, and coordination of external contractor services and support.
The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for managing and overseeing our Preventative Maintenance system along with general facility maintenance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair of electrical tools – i.e. hand polishers, grinders, circular saws
- Repair of air tools – i.e., rivet guns, air drills, pneumatic impacts etc.
- Perform daily, monthly, and routine preventative maintenance inspections and updates
- Communicate & coordinate with production team on different shop equipment status
- Maintain daily quality records and logs on equipment as required
- Communicate & coordinate with outside tradesmen to resolve maintenance related issues
- Perform clean-up work as required around the facilities to ensure that an organized, clean and tidy work environment is maintained
- Adherence to pre-established standards of performance, shop safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment within the department and on each job
- Responsible to identify areas for improvement, ways to better expedite and gain production efficiencies, and cost reductions where applicable
- Consistently punctual and available for a minimum of 40 hours of work per week
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ of work experience in the technical / mechanical field, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
- Preference given to someone with a Technical diploma OR an individual with a Journeymen certification in Maintenance, Mechanics, Electrical, Welding or other related technical field.
- Knowledge / Experience in the following technical areas:
- Electrical up to 600V
- Forklift repair/operation
- Preventative Maintenance Operating Systems
- Fire Systems
- Forklift License preferred
- Demonstrated experience in R&D
ADDITIONAL SKILLS FOR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance tasks independently
- Ability to recommend corrective actions and implement repairs effectively
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple requests in a fast paced work environment
- Safety orientated individual who has proven safety track record
- Ability to communicate both verbal & written in the English language
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions via written, verbal, or diagram form
- Competitive Compensation Package based on experience & qualifications
- Opportunities to generate overtime earnings
- Extended Health Care benefits (MSP coverage, prescription coverage, dental, orthodontic coverage (for dependent children), vision, disability coverage, life insurance and many paramedical services)
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Magnum Paid Holidays (in addition to vacation time)
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- ITA Sponsorship & apprenticeship training program for applicable programs
- OSSE (Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence) certified work environment
Employee Recognition Programs (Company-wide BBQ’s, employee referral bonus program, pizza lunch for safe working days)
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc., founded in 1984, is a highly respected industry player within the heavy-duty truck and trailer market that has a solid reputation for innovative design and exceptional customer service.
The company has three lines of business; trailer design and manufacture, truck accessories design and manufacture and a truck service operation. The majority of Magnum's revenues are generated from within Canada with the balance derived from the United States and Central America.
Our Culture: At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. The commitment of our employees is fundamental to our continued success and we are committed to continuously improving employee relations. By providing a fair work environment, encouraging innovation and teamwork, the employees and ownership will continue to share in the success of the company.
CONTACT & COMPANY INFORMATION
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc.
Head office address:
Unit #1 - 31632 Marshall Road
Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2T 6B1
If you are a qualified candidate for this position we encourage you to apply today! Candidates should submit a resume for consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only candidates who are qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time