The Recruitment and Utilization Specialist, under the direction of the immediate supervisor, is responsible for delivering all the branch recruitment needs, facilitating the full cycle recruitment process, ensuring a great candidate experience and ensuring successful utilization rates. This will be achieved by developing and executing a solid recruitment plan, in consultation and with direction from the National Development Center and Branch Leadership, and playing a critical role in ensuring the branch achieves its staffing needs and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a collaborative partnership with Area Director, Client Service Manager, Client Service Coordinators, and Managers of Clinical Practice and solicit and compile feedback to ensure recruitment practices are meeting the volume needs of the branch.
- Work closely with Branch Leadership to proactively identify upcoming staffing needs, and prioritize the recruitment needs of the branch to ensure staffing capacity meets/exceeds client care needs in consultation with the branch leadership.
- Educate hiring managers on the recruiting process, timelines, roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and execute a solid recruitment plan, in consultation and with the direction from the National Development Center recruitment and human resources team and Branch Leadership, in order to maximize branch volume and business.
- Utilizing supply and demand tools to assist in determining hiring needs.
- Create and manage postings in the ATS (Taleo), on external job sites, and other forms of media as appropriate.
- Manage candidate through Taleo process.
- Develop strategies to attract and build a pipeline of qualified health care professionals and where required, administrative roles in partnership with branch leadership.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities and manage high volumes of information effectively.
- Build, maintain, network and partner with accredited institutions, job boards, local community organizations/centers, and local associations on recruitment and career initiatives.
- Report on recruitment metrics - volumes, successful hires, turnover, and sourcing strategies, used to acquire top talent.
- Determine most appropriate and cost effective mediums for advertising opportunities.
- Identify trends and new strategies to stay competitive in a changing market.
- Represent and promote Bayshore as an employer of choice (our company, our brand, our values, our offerings) in a positive and professional manner.
- Thoroughly screen candidates while adhering to Bayshore Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding policies and standards, including but not limited to, prescreens, references, police checks, vulnerable sector screening (where required) and document (education, certifications, etc.) verification.
- Lead the interviewing process, with branch leadership, where appropriate and identify successful candidates to efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Extend offers and negotiate (where appropriate) in alignment with the branch needs.
- Responsible for new hire administration including data collection and entry into HR, and where required scheduling systems, in a timely manner.
- Apply the principles of the national diversity policy to all aspects of the recruitment process and its practices.
- Conduct periodic checks (week 1, month 1, month 3) with new hires to ensure onboarding success, promote positive employee relations and experiences and address/action any concerns.
- Collaborate with Branch leadership to Identify Process improvement in relation to recruitment and utilization.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 4+ years of recruiting experience, preferably high volume.
- Experience in healthcare industry considered preferred.
- Knowledge/understanding of Government funder relationships an asset.
- Ability to travel locally, network, interview and hire candidates.
- Must have schedule flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required to support recruitment efforts.
- Strong computer skills/proficiency in MS Office, Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo) and Human Resource Information Systems, PeopleSoft preferred.
- Results-oriented, confident, passionate, high energy, strategic, customer focused and creative problem solver who thrives in an environment which encourages innovation and entrepreneurship.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity and ethical at all times.
- Demonstrates a highly collaborative approach, self-directed, able to work independently and manage challenges.
- Open minded, flexible and adaptable with sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written.