UPS is currently looking for Part-time Package Shuttle Driver to work from our Comox Package Facility
- Position Title: Shuttle Drivers
- Position Type: Permanent Part-time
- Work Hours: 5:00PM - 9:00PM (based on operational requirements)
- Workdays: Monday to Friday* (based on operational requirements)
- Location: Courtenay, BC
*Shift schedules may vary based on operational requirements
Package Shuttle Drivers are mainly responsible for shuttling packages to and from our Comox package facility. Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducting a pre-trip check of the vehicle to ensure safety during deliveries
- Lifting, lowering, sorting and moving of packages weighing between 10 to 70lbs.
- Unloading and loading packages off and onto vehicles during transfers
- Shuttling packages to full-time courier drivers around the lower mainland.
- Available to work Monday to Friday*
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment;
- Comfortable working in various weather conditions;
- Must have a valid BC Class 5 Driver License;
- Must have no at-fault vehicle accidents in the past three years prior to applying;
- Must have no tickets or violations in the past 12 months prior to applying;
- Ability to lift up parcels weighing between 10lbs up to 70lbs (32kg) unassisted.
All candidates must go through a series of interviews, background and reference checks.
What we offer...
- Training and Development: training provided for all positions
- Weekly compensation: weekly pay, starting rate of $13.85/hour
- Guaranteed wage progression: guaranteed wage progression*
- Generous benefits package: MSP coverage, extended benefits and pension plan
- Promotion from within: career advancement in many areas of the business
- Employee discounts: employee discounts available online through UPSers.
If you are interested in joining the UPS team. Please send us a recent copy of your resume and driver's abstract. Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Email: upsjobsbc@ ups.com
“UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise our Human Resources representatives. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.”
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.85 /hour
- Class 5 BC Driver's License (Preferred)