Reports to Production Supervisor. The Co-Pack Line Leader has primary responsibility for overseeing a production line within a Co-Pack plant, ensuring safety, quality and maximum productivity. Able to multi-task and work a flexible schedule. Must have prior experience leading a team in a fast-paced production environment.
- Responsible for ensuring safety and quality standards, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and adherence to job specifications.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and explaining job standards, bill of materials (BOMs) and special instructions for jobs.
- Train, motivate, guide and assist line workers to carry out duties and responsibilities in a safe, standardized, effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate and monitor shift productivity standards to ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Conduct audits on production lines per customer QA production audit requirements. Documents all inspections on standard company form.
- Able to quickly troubleshoot issues and keep production line moving.
- Work in a safe manner. Follow all Metro Green Logistics and customer standards, in addition to Federal, Provincial and Local regulations for occupational safety.
- Monitor/maintain equipment for proper operation and report issues to Supervisor.
- Understand line layout, monitor pallet volume, perform pallet inspection (inbound materials and outbound finished goods), submit orders for product or component requests, and maintain proper line coverage.
- Conduct finished goods counts, reconciliations of products and components, and return to
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work areas.
- Willing to help out in other departments during slower periods.
- Takes an active role in process and performance improvement.
- Completed High School Diploma
- Some College education is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of packaging or manufacturing experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Service oriented and commitment to quality of work.
- Organized and shows excellent attention to detail.
- Able to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Able to stand throughout the day.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop and maintain relationships with team members.
- Knowledge and adherence to company policies, procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Job Type: Full-time
- Production: 2 years (Preferred)