Scope of Position
The Servicer is responsible for ensuring that the production line has constant supply of raw materials.
- Utilize material handling equipment in a safe manner. Ensuring battery operated equipment is charging when not in use. Complete daily inspection and associated documentation of material handling equipment, reporting any mechanical issues to maintenance personnel.
- Transport dry and/or raw ingredients from storage or coolers and place in designated areas, while practicing FIFO (First In First Out). Clean up any spillage created during transport.
- Break down and dispose of any waste that accumulates.
- Perform regular daily routines with supervision from Lead Hand. Advises Lead Hand of any raw product or dry goods availability issues.
- Complete associated documentation as established by Erie Meat Products for inventory tracking, HACCP plan compliance or other purposes.
- Ensure materials required to complete the days schedule are ready, work with Inventory Technician to ensure they are onsite.
SKILLS AND EFFORT
Education, Training or Work Experience
- Walkie Lift and/or forklift license may be required.
- Some experience in a food processing or other manufacturing environment.
§ Punctual and reliable attendance
§ Basic math skills required
§ Able to interpret various shipping and receiving schedules as well as order sheets
§ Ability to work in extreme cold for short periods of time consistently throughout the shift
§ Positive attitude
§ Work on feet for 8-10 hrs per day
§ Lift 25 kg repeatedly
§ Able to work with poultry, pork or beef
§ Cold environment
§ Follow verbal direction
Job Type: Full-time
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)