We are an established Mechanical Contracting Firm seeking a Mechanical Estimator to join our team at our Head Office located in Port Coquitlam, BC. The Mechanical Estimator will prepare estimates, provide accurate Material and Labour costs using Quickpen AutoBid Mechanical Estimating Software on a wide variety of projects.
- Understand and establish the requirements of potential clients by reviewing architectural and mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Analyze drawings and accurately determine the quantity of materials, labour and equipment required.
- Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to construction estimating as requested by management.
- Obtaining and negotiating prices from suppliers and subcontractors for required materials and services.
- Compile information to prepare estimates of projects costs based on contract bids, quotations, tender drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare economic feasibility studies on changes or adjustments to estimate costs.
- Prepare tender documents such as bill of quantities; invitations and submissions for sub trades; request for quotes on equipment; formatting list of tender inclusions and exclusions; and all requests for information and addenda.
- Developing knowledge relevant to specification conditions and their applications.
- Ensure a safe, supportive and productive work environment between yourself, your communication channels, and all the members of the team.
- Support, promote and contribute to the continuous improvement of business operations and relationships, support and develop team members by mentoring.
- QuickPen AutoBid Mechanical Estimating software
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook, along with ability to quickly learn new applications
- 5 years+ of Mechanical Estimating work experience
- Ability to read and interpret plans and technical specifications
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and performance
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations
- Able to interact and communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Thank you to all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)