Are YOU the Account Manager for us?
Four-leaf clovers, airline seat legroom, a timely cable guy: they’re tough to find. We feel the same about our search for you — but we know you’re out there. If you work well remotely, are looking for around 10 hours a week of work and if you’ve got what it takes, show us what is possible — rock our world with your talent, experience, and passion for Sales and Account Management.
Snapshot of your wannabe job
Yardstick Services Inc. is an established digital agency that is growing through market penetration and
expansion of services. We are looking for an ambitious Sales Professional who wants to work with our
proven and trustworthy team to positively impact an industry plagued by unprofessional freelancers and cowboy agencies.
You will be responsible for closing over $600,000 per year in revenue throughout Western Canada and the US by prospecting and selling to new clients and increasing revenue from existing customers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Generate leads via your existing relationships, networking, cold calling, building referral partnerships, etc
- Act as the first point of contact for all inbound inquiries
- Pre-qualification of leads via phone calls and video chats
- Perform basic research and analyses and prepare consultative sales presentations
- Delivery of sales presentations (mostly via video chat, some in-person)
- Gather information regarding project requirements
- Collaborate with the CEO, CTO, Project Manager and Digital Strategist to create estimates and proposals
- Negotiate the terms of a proposal and reach a mutually beneficial agreement
- Participate in the on-boarding process and client orientation
- Deepen relationships with existing customers
- Build and expand relationships with external partners and referral sources
- Seek, research and respond to RFPs (we have templates to help with this)
- Represent the agency at local industry conferences, meet-ups, and events
- Report weekly on activities relating to prospecting and lead generation
- Participate in weekly team meetings
Your Future with Yardstick Services Inc.
The candidate with the right stuff will have an opportunity to grow with our business as we expand the
services we are offering. We have a sister-company that sells WordPress Security services which will present future opportunities to sell and up-sell clients on additional services.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven sales overachievement versus quota
- Ability to make a great first impression and maintain that impression
- Ability to build genuine, lasting relationships with clients, not just close deals
- Experience managing client expectations and keeping clients on plan
- Experience acting as the voice of the client during internal team discussions
- Basic understanding of website analytics and translating data into recommendations
- Experience working in the web industry is required. You need to know the lingo and be able to jump in as the trusted advisor for clients who know nothing about web
- You need to understand how marketing strategy connects to tactics and then work with our team to formulate digital marketing plans.
- Experience using a CRM is an asset
- Outgoing, with excellent communication skills
- A strong team player
- Strong time-management, follow up, and organization skills
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is an asset
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Residency in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia
- Your own vehicle to get to client workplaces for the odd in-person meetings (most meetings are now done via video chat)
Your Compensation Plan
At Yardstick Services Inc. we value sales excellence. The compensation plan is negotiable. But, we prefer a combination of an hourly-rate for all tasks plus an uncapped commission for closed deals. We also provide our team members with a competitive benefits package. We’ll tell you all about it when we speak.
- We are a remote team; so, you will get unprecedented freedom and autonomy
- An amazing team of technicians to support you and give you input on web strategy, tactics and performance
- Quarterly team building and social events
- Subsidies for professional development and continuing education
- Reimbursements for mileage on your vehicle
- Paid vacation time
Ultimately, you’re a great fit for us if you enjoy a good work-life balance. We love what we do, and we
love our life outside of Yardstick, too, making time for family and friends, plus personal interests that
fuel our mind and spirit. Think you have what it takes to succeed at Yardstick Services Inc? Please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
We have a remote team. So, our operation has been unaffected by covid-19. Nonetheless, we still do act locally. So, preference will be given to candidates located within the Lower Mainland of BC.