OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. #LI-POST
As the Systems Administrator, you are responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. These responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
Provide support for OpenText’s cloud based messaging platforms with a focus on Operating Systems and System support.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
- Monitor performance and apply corrective action to ensure optimal performance.
- Write and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, interfacing with others as required.
- Stay informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
- Use established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
- Recommend and evaluate new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
- Teach and coach others to enhance their technical skills, troubleshooting techniques and system administrator practices.
- Participate in short and long term projects where interaction with internal and external organizations/customers/vendors is required.
- Installation and configuration of internally developed and third party commercial & open source application software in our test and production environments.
- On Call responsibilities
- Attending regularly scheduled off-hours site/platform maintenance as needed
- 5-7 years of experience in UNIX (Solaris) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration.
- 2-3 years of Solaris LDOM experience (deploying, maintaining, failover)
- 3-5 years of experience with Veritas HA Clustering
- 3-5 years hands on administration of Internet facing services such as SMTP (Sendmail, Qmail & Message Systems), FTP, HTTP, SSL, JBoss, Apache, SOAP, and Web Services.
- 3-5 years of experience in deploying and installing third party and proprietary applications on Solaris, Linux and ideally Windows operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience. Equivalent work related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in Windows Server & VMware ESXi administration would be a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration from coordination through implementation to maintenance through proactive monitoring.
- Proven skills to handle progressively complex system administration.
- Working knowledge and experience with: Operating platform(s) and administration, Data storage and communication, Hardware and software platform configurations, Networking and network administration, Security, Active directory services and concepts, and Virtualization.
- System/network security related experience would be a plus.
- Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.
- Ability to work well under stressful situations.
- Written, verbal and listening communication skills to write documentation and communicate with managers, customers and colleagues.
- Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with project timelines.
- Ability to see the big picture and quickly grasp and apply technical concepts.
- Ability to multitask and respond to priority issues effectively.
- Must be self-motivating and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.