Community Support Worker
Date Posted: January 24, 2020
Competition Number: 183-19/20
Location: Armstrong, BC
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs invite applications from qualified individuals for the position of Community Support Worker at our Armstrong Club Achievers Program.
We can provide:
- Many opportunities for professional development
- Fun, positive work environment
- We offer a 10% discount offered to employee whose children are registered in our child care programs, including preschool, day care, and after school care programs. This discount will be offered to all Agency staff that work 20 hours a week or more, and have passed their probationary period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement programs and activities that are consistent with agency core values and core programming areas. Ensure that programs developed, engage members, address healthy positive child/youth development and provides members with a sense of belonging.
- Provide small group service to special needs youth referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Through the facilitation of life skills education, promote confidence and increased ability
- Use Club Vans to take children & youth to various activities within the community.
- Establish open communication with parents/caregivers
- Assist the children and youth to attain their specific goals in the program
- Post-Secondary education in the area of Special Needs, or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year demonstrated ability/experience working with children and youth who have autism or are developmentally delayed
- Current First Aid and/or willingness to obtain
- Class 4 driver’s license is an asset
- Successful completion of Agency screening process including criminal record check
Requires membership to the BCGEU
This position is open to all candidates.
Hours: 4 hours per week, Wednesdays 1:30-5:30pm, this is a term position until March 31, 2020
Rate of Pay: $19.45 per hour
Closing Date: open until filled
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Name: Tatania Black, Program Coordinator
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.45 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Armstrong, BC (Preferred)