JOIN OUR TEAM!
Role: Procurement Manager
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Calgary, AB
Do you want to be part of a company that is growing and excited about change?
Join the Safeguard Industries team as our Procurement Manager in our Calgary office.
What Makes this job Awesome?
The Procurement Manager is responsible for procuring the items needed for installation projects in Canada and US, following processes and budget delivery. Your role is critical to the organization and will prove pivotal in the continued growth of the Safeguard Industries product lines. This position requires a proactive, forward thinking and energetic person who is results oriented and capable of professional and detailed follow through.
How Will You Do This?
We measure impact by your successful ability to:
· Solicit pricing of all raw materials and third-party vendor materials ensuring/confirming best price with suppliers
· Expedite purchases and follow up with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of purchased materials
· Liase with PM and shop manager to ensure all raw materials and third-party vendor materials are maintained with adequate inventory
· Liase between PM and client to coordinate shipping of products to site
· Deal effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
· Coordinate and maintain list of standard vendors and their product lines
· Coordination with Project Management team on procurement budgets and schedules
· Coordinate the planning and implementation of projects and be the liason between clients, vendors, installer groups, etc
· Manage and oversee day to day decisions as needed in a fast pace environment
· Arrange for return of unused material upon job completion
· Keep current with purchasing procedures, company policies, and accuracy/service level standards
· Maintain and control inventory on typical raw steel and other standard product lines
· Coordinate with shop foreman on deliverables and scheduling
· Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
· Arrange for shipping of materials to our clients and installers in Canada and US
· Provide direction and support to project team
· Quality assurance
· Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
We Want to Hear from You if You Have:
· Hands-on experience procuring steel and aluminum raw materials (e.g. HSS, steel plates, pipes, angles, etc.) and related items in the US and Canada
· A clear understanding of US customs requirements for outgoing shipments originating from Canada
· Excellent coordination and organization for arranging shipments within Canada and the US
· Procurement management experience combined with supply chain management certifications, a plus
· A high level of proficiency in interpreting architectural/structural drawings
· The ability to perform and review estimating take-off
· The ability to maintain existing relationships with current vendors and expand vendor list as needed
· Previous experience in steel procurement, preferred
· Experience in industrial equipment field will be considered an asset
· Basic project management experience, a plus
· Project accounting and cost control experience
· A high level of proficiency with Microsoft office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Even Better if You Have the Following Characteristics:
· Outside the box thinker; solid problem-solving ability
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
· Strong time management and superior communication skills with team members, clients and vendors
Who is Safeguard Industries?
Safeguard Industries is a leading manufacturer, distributor and certified installer of engineered fall protection systems with custom structural steel fabrication capabilities. Safeguard Industries specializes in active and passive workplace fall protection safety systems. We offer a wide range of services including engineering services, site audits, steel fabrication, product sales, annual inspections and user training. Our Canadian Head Office is located in Calgary, AB and Our USA office is in Las Vegas, NV. This position is based out of our Las Vegas shop facility.
Safeguard Industries is committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service, so they’ll always choose us for their fall protection, custom fabrication, engineering and installation needs.
Safeguard has been providing Fall Protection and Safety Products and Services for over two decades. Initially offering fall protection, we later expanded into safety product sales, in-house freight services and now, Safeguard offers full steel fabrication services for any application. With decades of combined experience, we offer complete workplace safety solutions for any application.
What can We Offer You?
We are proud of our culture. We believe in our employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are happy - they will thrive and our business will grow.
Our corporate culture includes:
· A strong, collaborative work environment
· Training, training and more training
· Development programs created to empower our team
· Life-long friendships
Safeguard provides the following benefits:
· Competitive pay
· Medical, dental, life insurance plans
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities!
Safeguard Industries is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time