Founded in 2003, Cole Engineering Group Ltd. (COLE) is an employee-owned, Canadian firm that provides consulting and advisory services in planning, engineering, and P3 in the water, transportation, urban development and environmental sectors. With offices across southern Ontario, COLE is now one of the largest independent consulting engineering firms in the province. Our team is our #1 asset. We hire agile, driven, enthusiastic people who want to be part of an exciting, growing company. COLE is committed to employment equity, diversity and creating a positive and growth focused environment which supports a culture of excellence, team-work and professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will join one of Canada's 2019 Top 100 Employers for Young People, and be a part of an exciting, growing company. Your team is focused on delivering excellence, building teamwork and developing professionally
- Ensure the profitability and continued business growth and success of the Team and/or sector;
- Prepare, submit and participate in the Annual Business Planning Process, monitor and report to the Vice President on the status of business compared to the Business Plan;
- Planning, tracking and implementation of work activities;
- Participate in recommendation for Annual Compensation increases within the Team.
- Business Development:
- Support Business Development initiatives, such as attending Company marketing functions, develop and manage client and project lists, attending conferences and other networking events, as applicable;
- Lead, support, and manage RFP, RFT, and RFPQ requirements with professionally completed proposals while maintaining and managing estimated preparation costs and schedules.
- Identify leads on potential development opportunities and maintain continuous dialogue with current and potential clients to promote the Company’s services. Build an extensive network of contacts influential in securing work.
- Prepare and/or arrange for the preparation of reports concerning the progress of each project in meeting established cost, schedule targets and other contract commitments. Ensuring that action is taken to correct off-standard performance and achieve contractual obligations.
- Be fully aware of the Cole-client contract for the design of the project, and of the client’s objectives. Analyze the project scope, the client’s RFP and Cole’s proposal.
- Oversee the proper execution of investigation / design activities within the Team and maintain files of current and completed projects with the assistance of the Project Support Coordinator (PSC).
- Provide timely follow-up and inputs to the Project Delivery Team regarding design budgets, timelines and resources
- Review monthly technical deliverables with Vice President and Project Delivery Team to meet project deliverable timing.
- Ensure timely follow-up of receivables and information conveyance to accounting and project control staff;
- Demonstrated In-depth knowledge of existing rehabilitation technologies for Pipelining;
- Water and Wastewater distribution and transmitting pipeline experience or condition assessment rehabilitation (NASSCO, PACP/LACP/MACP Certified);
- Supervise and administer the provision of the following project services:
- The preparation of man-hour budgets and schedules for the project technical output work packages and the establishment of quality control and quality assurance programs and reporting;
- Conduct studies of forward resource requirements in conjunction with agreed work schedules and prepare and publish short and long-range resources requirements; to keep the Vice President and other Team Leaders fully informed of anticipated resources requirements; and,
- The development and use of project technical milestone QC/QA checkpoint systems and procedures, including master quality control checklists to accompany design submissions.
- Ensure adherence to all COLE procedures, processes and systems.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner while dealing with any/all of the following: fellow COLE employees, utility representatives, public or private industry, etc. at all times.
- Participate and engage in team meetings.
- Conduct day-to-day tasks in accordance to legislated and Company-dictated Environmental, Health and Safety mandates and other Company policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- PEO registered P.Eng., or other professional accreditation equivalency
- 10+ years’ municipal pipeline engineering experience;
- Must have extensive experience with condition assessment, rehabilitation and/or asset management of pipelines, with experience in structural pipeline design;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong project management;
- Strong design, organizational and technical skills to manage multiple design projects;
- Excellent work ethic, motivation, interpersonal and judgment skills;
- Excellent English written, verbal communication, confident and effective presentation skills.
COLE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development. We are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.