Owned by members, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America. Our locations in Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks, and Strathnore include: food centres, pharmacies, gas stations, car washes, commercial cardlocks, home health care centres, wine, spirits and beer locations, and cannabis. We also own and operate Community Natural Foods. With over 440,000 members, 3,850 employees, assets of $627 million and annual sales of $1.2 billion, Calgary Co-op was recognized as one of Alberta's Top 75 Employers of 2019. For more information please visit www.calgarycoop.com/careers.
Our Mission: 'Through inspired team members we will deliver exceptional customer experiences, products, and services that sustain and grow our business and communities.'
We're currently seeking a Cashier to join our Customer Service team! This position reports directly to the Customer Service Supervisors, and some of the main responsibilities include;
- Provide customer service and maintains positive customer relations through the proper handling of customer merchandise, transactions, questions, comments, requests and concerns
- Effectively works in a diverse team environment in a proficient and friendly manner
- Maintain display presentation and stock levels (stock provided) in and around the candy/magazine racks and face check-out displays
- Handles merchandise ensuring quality, minimizing damages and markdowns. Provides substitutions and ensures price integrity including price changes
- Perform general clean up duties such as cleaning spills and display fixtures to ensure a neat and organized department. Responsible for keeping the sales floor and back stock area clean from cardboard and debris, as well as disposal of garbage
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- Grade 9 or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Previous retail or related experience
- Must be fluent in English (CLBA-Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment score of 5 or higher)
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Previous cash handling, banking or related experience
- Basic Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits & Perks
Working at Calgary Co-op provides opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge and the experience of working for a company that is proud of the communities it serves. We offer competitive wages, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, an employee and family assistance plan, and more.....
We believe that if we take care of our team members, our team members will take care of our business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.