Accountable for the execution of assigned Global Trade Support activities for various products and processes in accordance with firm and inductry standards and regulations. Leverage advanced product knowledge and critical thinking skills to effectively support the resolution of issues, manage Trade Support risk topics, participate in cross functional initiatives and play a key role in supporting the introduction of new products, technology or processes. Act as an escalation point for business issues and challenges related to Global Trade Support activities.
Accountable for the development of excellent working relationships with Capital Markets Trading Products desks, Product Operations personnel and other stakeholder groups. Accountable for the support of Business Partner initaitves, participating in the due diligence and implementation activities and actively participating in stakehelder forums (Project Delivery/Technology/Risk).
A.Product & Process
- Accountable for the execution of assigned day-to-day Global Trade Support Activities in a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
- Support the resolution of business issues, ensuring potential problem areas or trends are escalated to management as required.
- Play a key role in the support of Business Partner initiatives, effectively performing analysis and supporting implementation activities.
- Participate in various stakeholder forums (Project Delivery/ Technology/ Regulatory/ Risk) in support of Global Trade Support Activities.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in support of Global Trade Support Activities.
B. Risk & Control
- Identify potential risk situations within the scope of Global Trade Support activities, make recommendations and/or escalate to management as required.
- Ensure adherence to directives, internal processes and internal approvals to mitigate risk to the Bank
- Understand regulatory and compliance requirements as prescribed for the business unit, and provide recommendations and implement actions to ensure adherence as required.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Manage risk and minimize losses through monitoring and controlling various reports and taking appropriate action, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank P&Ps.
C. Business Performance Management
- Identify opportunities to improve the operational effectiveness of assigned day-to-day Global Trade Support activities.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Develop excellent working relationships with Capital Markets Trading Products desks, Product Operations and other stakeholder groups ensuring we have a global view across the business.
- Align individual performance goals to the team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with “Being BMO
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 - 5 years of business related experience in the financial services industry
- University Degree/College Diploma in related discipline
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of a range of Financial Products including: Fixed Income, Equity, Credit, Commodities and Derivative Financial Products
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and Regulatory oversight bodies
- Knowledge for securitization (NHA MBS, CMB, ABS) an asset
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines independently or in a team-based environment
- Advanced problem solving skills, analytical thinking and sound judgement
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, detail oriented, highly motivated and adaptable to a changing business environment
- Strong understanding of business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of internal business partner’s business, services and organization
- Knowledge of departmental systems and applications supporting a range of Financial Products
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly in Excel, VBA/Macro
- Experience in process and/or change management
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Job Customer Fulfillment
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation CIOO CM & US CTOO-X000070
Job Posting 12/09/19
Unposting Date 01/04/20