Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Manager with our Return to Work Services. As a Case Manager, you’ll be responsible for the adjudication and case management of STD and LTD absences. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and nationwide organization, at the forefront of mental health and addiction services.
Hours of Work:
Temporary Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week, work from home position. Contract until Dec. 2020
What you'll be doing
- Adjudication and case management of short-term and long-term disability absences
- Facilitate the recovery and return to work of employees on medical leave from worker’s compensation, short-term and long-term disability claims
- Perform functionally focused telephone interviews with employees to identify and assess the factors that affect their ability to work
- Document case files and communicate with team members in order to ensure a strong partnership
- Liaise with the employee, third parties (including insurers), the employer and various health care professionals in an effort to progress the recovery and facilitate a timely return to work
- Develop, facilitate, implement, monitor and modify as required, return to work plans
- Coordinate referrals to appropriate health resources
What we're looking for
- 2-3 years’ experience in disability management, insurance or health related field with STD, LTD and/or WCB
- Disability Management Certificate/Diploma is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Kinesiology or other related health discipline
- Knowledge of Disability Management principles, practices and processes
- Knowledge and experience of case management processes
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to work independently as well as to contribute actively to team objectives
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills to interact with employees, employers, team members and treatment providers in a caring, approachable, yet objective manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, French skills would be an asset
- Exceptional customer service delivery skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.