Are you an experienced Medical Laboratory Technician or Technologist looking for part-time work in the evenings or mornings? Do you enjoy instructing groups of people? Are you able to motivate students to be their best? Are you organized enough to control the flow of the curriculum; knowledgeable enough to handle courses such as Laboratory Mathematics and Quality Control, Cells/ Cytology and Anatomic Pathology, Blood: Hematology and Immunohematology, Clinical Chemistry; and experienced enough in your field to ensure the excellent training of our students? If so, then please consider this opportunity.
Algonquin Careers Academy (ACA), a private career college, is currently hiring a Medical Laboratory instructor for our Mississauga campus. You can choose the modules you are able to teach at the times you can teach them. The Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician program is approved by the Medical Laboratory Professionals Association of Ontario (MLPAO) and accredited by the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS). Our students will graduate with a Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Diploma and go on to write the MLPAO and/or CSMLS certification exams.
See www.algonquinacademy.com for information about the college and the program.
Hours: Evenings Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Mornings Monday to Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm. Modules could be one to three weeks long. If you choose to teach a particular module, you would be committing to teaching every morning or evening for the duration of that module. You could have 3 months advanced notice of when you would be teaching.
Start date: February 2020
· Consistently delivering courses, through lectures and lab work, in accordance with ACA curriculum standards within the Medlab program to a small class of Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician students
· Engaging the students in the learning process, recognizing the different expectations and learning styles of our students and ensuring the comprehension of all students in the class
· Setting up, instructing and supervising laboratory activity
· Coordinating, evaluating, and recording the completion of tests and assignments and recording and evaluating students’ progress, participation and attendance
· Provide ongoing feedback and encouragement to students and supporting the students in their goal to attain their diplomas
· Identify potential problems which may interfere with or be a barrier to successful completion of the program and encourage and assist students to develop independent problem-solving skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Proven subject matter expertise
· Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and well-organized presentations in group settings
· Aptitude to demonstrate active listening; to promote open communication by exchanging ideas; to share information clearly and at the level of understanding of the audience
· Organizational and time management skills
· Positive customer service attitude with the ability to deal effectively with people with diverse cultural and social backgrounds
Qualifications and Skills:
· Over 5 years industry experience in a clinic or a lab environment
· Medical Laboratory Technician or Technologist
· MLPAO and CSMLS or CMLTO certified
· Instruction/training experience an asset
· Computer literacy
· The satisfaction of seeing the students you teach become confident in their abilities to perform the role of a Medical Laboratory Technician
· Fulfillment of your passion to teach others
· Flexible teaching schedule including the ability to choose what modules you would like to teach that fit into your schedule
· This job could fit with your current work, your plans to take on a job where you reduce your work hours, or your retirement plans
If you are interested in and qualify for the position of Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Instructor, please respond through the Indeed system with your resume and a cover letter to the attention of Mary Soye, Human Resource Consultant. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Algonquin Careers Academy.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour