Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Canada- Vancouver
Infor is looking for a QA Analyst to join the team and help with the functional, integration and regression testing of our Infor POS Hospitality product suite. Our QA team works on areas including the terminal POS software, web-based management interfaces, BI reporting, mobile applications and middleware, and database services and APIs.
The QA Analyst will work closely with the Software Developers and Technical Program Managers to understand the new functionality added to each release and develop a comprehensive test plan and test cases for functional validation of new features.We expect our QA Analysts to become product experts and strive to improve the test coverage and enhance our regression test suite while finding ways to efficiently run the test plans across multiple environments and configurations.
We are in the process of introducing automation frameworks for most of our products and our Software Quality team is expected to take ownership of automating their test cases, thus the ability to write test scripts or experience with existing testing frameworks will be considered a great advantage. Experience with specialized testing of web and client-server solutions like load, scalability and performance testing will be given a priority.
The quality of the people on our team is one of his highest priorities. Our strong values motivate everything we do and all the decision we make.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Write and run functional test cases for new and existing functionality
- Prepare test plans and test suites for different iterations and regression cycles in a project release
- Document defects and track progress on the test cases and test suites
- Automate test cases and maintain their health between releases
- Interact with partners like credit and gift card providers, driver developers, etc. to validate the integration with them
- Support the escalation team in reproducing problems reported by customers
- Validate the product and configuration documentation
- Interact with the product owners to ensure proper release notes are produced before going into production
- Maintain the testing environment on Amazon AWS or in-house VMs and POS terminals
- Maintenance of API automated tests using SoapUI, Postman and JMeter
- Knowledge of SQL, Java, C# and scripting languages
What You Will Need:
Required Talents and Experience:
- Experienced and methodical person with outstanding analytical skills, aptitude and interest in financial applications, attention to detail, and a passion for quality
- Experience with Windows environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create comprehensive technical documentation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- B.S. degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in QA Role
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Knowledge of payment processing Chip/PIN and Gift Card processors.
- Experience with automation tools like Test Complete, Selenium, JMeter, etc
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with performance, load, and stress testing
- Experience in Agile development methodologies with continuous integration
Our Guiding Principles set the standard for how we work with one another. They define who we are as an organization and guide everything we do. By applying the same shared values that unleash prosperity in free societies—such as value creation, integrity, responsibility, free speech, and toleration—we encourage one another to take initiative and to challenge the status quo.
We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM ® ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com .
Applicants to and employees of most United States private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination. For additional information please see EEO is the Law poster, the EEO Supplemental as well as the Statement of Policy. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .