We are currently recruiting for an Executive Director
Employment: Full-time permanent
Location: CarePoint Health – 2695 North Sheridan Way, Suite 120, Mississauga, ON
Who we are?
CarePoint Health is a new inter-professional care team of physicians and allied health professionals that aims to improve the health and wellness of the South West Mississauga and East Mississauga communities. The team will deliver advanced inter-professional care to patients holistically by focusing on both medical concerns and needs related to the social determinants of health. CarePoint Health will provide all patients of affiliated physicians who would benefit from team based care, the opportunity to receive the best possible care to produce optimal health outcomes.
CarePoint Health builds on the philosophy of the Patient’s Medical Home, where the patients receive the care they need throughout their life. CarePoint Health will support patients by connecting them to a coordinated, comprehensive team of health care professionals upon whom they can rely and work with to achieve their personal health goals. The goal is to achieve the Quadruple Aim of increased patient satisfaction, improving population health, reduced health care costs and improving provider work life.
The vision of CarePoint Health is to create an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team that is committed to:
- Providing equitable, access to seamless inter-professional care teams for patients with complex needs;
- Enabling effective partnerships with and between patients, families, primary care providers, social service agencies, and the community at large;
- Utilizing a single electronic medical record, openly and transparently to share health information within a patient’s circle of care (including patients and caregivers) to simplify a seamless approach to care;
- Incorporating research and innovation in health system design and service delivery;
- Providing access to digital health platforms such ase-visits, e-consults and shared electronic medical record;
- Targeting population health needs within the communities served focusing on populations such as mental health and addictions, seniors, immigrant health, and palliative care;
- Providing immersion programs and flexible specialist touchdown space to promote shared care between family physicians and specialists;
- Including the patient voice through a Patient Advisory Council;
- Supporting networking and continuing medical education opportunities for health care professionals;
- Creating a community of primary care practitioners;
- Improving health care capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care.
What is this role?
The Executive Director is responsible for informing strategic planning, facility development and operational design, implementation and oversight for CarePoint Health. The Executive Director will deliver best practice advice in developing operational processes in governance, finance, human resources, information technology and infection control. Supported by a clinical or business background, the Executive Director will provide direction for policy development, risk identification and mitigation, conflict of interested declarations and processes, privacy and complaint management for CarePoint Health. The Executive Director will work with clinical experts in program and care delivery design and operations in conjunction with the Medical Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an operational management plan that supports the strategic directions for the organization as stated by the project management team and approved by the LHIN
- Develop, oversee and direct the day‐to‐day operations of CarePoint Health in accordance with established legislation and operational policies and procedures during the development phase
- Identify relevant requirements in legislation and regulations and ensure that operational policies and procedures are in place to respond including but not exclusive to work place safety, code of conduct, human resource, infection control, privacy and patient engagement
- Analyze and design organizational structure and job functions and set performance standards.
- Support the design of the physical facilities to meet the needs of the community and stakeholders as identified through analysis of population health
- Direct the preparation of annual budgets for programs and submit these for approval by the governing body in accordance with legislative requirements and regulations of the funder
- Manage the procurement & implementation of an information management and technology system that integrates with primary care and has potential to integrate with other e-health solutions in place in the LHIN
- Provide management to the directly hired staff
- Partner in the development and design of site facilities and liaise with the landlord
Service Delivery Management
- Develop programs and services using a co-design approach with patients, physicians, allied health service providers and community partners that meet the population health needs of the sub-region and ensure that programs and services reflect the mission and values of the organization
- Define goals and objectives for the programs of the organization, and facilitate the successful completion of goals and objectives to ensure success
- Develop quality standards for the organization and evaluate programs regularly to ensure that they meet the standards
- Develop an annual Quality Improvement Plan
- Actively support the implementation of research and evaluation initiatives to study the models of service delivery implemented
- Represent the organization in meetings with governments, community partner organizations and provincial associations and provide any other representation that may be required from time to time
- Partner with the LHIN on sub-region planning and other priorities
- Postgraduate Degree in business or a related field; Master’s degree preferable
- Five years or more of management experience in the health care field and/or with a non‐profit organization
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations including work place safety, code of conduct, human resource, infection control, privacy, patient engagement
- Solid background in the start-up and roll out of an organization
- Strong knowledge in program planning, development and evaluation
- Experience in engaging the community, physicians and stakeholders
- Experience in co-design principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Requisite computer literacy level to manage the organization
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Ability to balance demands and priorities and to manage effectively
Are you ready to join an extraordinary team and do the best work of your life?
CarePoint Health offers employees an excellent benefits package and pension plan (HOOPP). Compensation for the role will be aligned with candidate’s skills and experience and within the budget of CPH.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CPH is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Care Management: 5 years (Required)
- a start-up and roll out of an organization: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)