Intelex is looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Researcher to join our UX team on a one year contract. The successful candidate will be working with a collaborative team of designers, product managers and developers, reporting to the Manager of the User Experience team.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Plan, conduct and share insights from UX research at various stages of the design and development lifecycle
- Translate design and business questions into effective research plans
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to validate design solutions
- Choose best research method and approach given research goals, timelines, and available resources.
- Recruit and schedule suitable research participants
- Conduct research studies, often with stakeholders observing sessions
- Collect and analyze user behaviour data from web metrics, interviews, prototype testing and surveys
- Produce clear concise research deliverables filled with actionable user insights.
- Regularly present findings, insights and recommendations to product team and senior management.
- Evangelize the value of UX research and research finding to various stakeholders
- Educate stakeholders and collaborators on the most effective use of research methods for a given research need
- Adapt research plans as needed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Reports to the Manager, User Experience
Skills & Work Traits
- The ability to identify the best UX research methods and tools to use depending on project objectives and constraints
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product and service design process
- The ability to clearly communicate insights and recommendations to different audiences
- Expert competency in data analysis
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Familiarity with UX prototyping tools like Invision, Balsamic, Sketch, etc. an asset.
- 3+ year of experience planning and conducting primary UX research in a software company or digital design agency.
- Degree or diploma in a UI/UX design discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada's most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country's top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com ( http://www.intelex.com/ )