Based in Calgary, Alberta, the Senior Account Manager will report to the Vice President, Sales. The Senior Account Manager is a member of the direct (outside) sales team who has responsibility for the sustainable development and growth of Powell’s customer-base and overall sales. The Senior Account Manager ensures the meeting of short-and long-term goals for sales volume and profitability with a high degree of customer satisfaction, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Aggressively source and proactively pursue opportunities to sell Powell products, solutions & services in the region.
- Successfully drive the sales, strategy, support proposal development, negotiation efforts to win new projects.
- Demonstrate a high level of energy & drive towards achieving the rapid level of growth required in the region.
- Ensure the achievement of sales volume and profitability targets in line with company objectives.
- Working with the Vice President, Sales to develop / refine / update / execute to contribute toward regional growth strategy to increase Powell’s total market share within the region.
- Develop and promote Powell’s brand within the region through frequent customer visits, presentations, lunch & learns, and other marketing activities.
- Deliver superior customer value through an intimate understanding of their needs and excellent responsiveness.
- Help handle and resolve customer issues.
- Develop and cultivate customer relationships across the region.
- Travel and meet with new & existing customers on a regular basis within the region.
- Provide leadership to all divisions of Powell to encourage their participation and success in the growth plans within the region.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on account progress, opportunities tracking (i.e. pipeline), sales volumes, hit rate, etc.
- Monitor and report on the progress of sales efforts through regular sales meetings.
- Maintain and continuously develop technical competencies.
- Other duties as required.
- A solid understanding of Switchgear, motor control centers, E-Houses, and bus duct type products.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication capabilities.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations and answer questions.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism & maturity when representing Powell in front of customers.
- Flexible and quickly adapting to changing priorities.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in the English language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Business or Technical Sales preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of sales / marketing / business development experience.
- Strong connections and understand of Western Canada O&G market, key end-users, consulting firms and across the customer base in general.
- General understanding of Utilities and Renewable initiatives in Western Canada including Wind and Solar.
- Good knowledge of commercial issues relating to contracts and agreements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- switchgear: 1 year (Preferred)
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Development: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)