The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada is seeking an Assistant to the Director of Policy and Communications to help scale the impact of the director’s team.
In this role, you will work to increase the efficiency of the director by strategically managing their day to day functions, as well as providing support to the Team Leads who report to the director, as needed. We're searching for someone who will consistently remain highly organized in a fast paced, changing environment and take an active role in assisting the director with ensuring progress on projects and priorities. You will report directly to our director, Kiavash Najafi.
About the position:
- Managing all day to day functions of the director by strategically planning their time and aligning priorities
- Assisting the Director with project management
- Tracking and reporting Team Lead progress on projects and priorities
- Writing and sharing communications on behalf of the Director to many different stakeholders, including senior leadership and large teams internally and externally
- Planning and executing events, including offsites, workshops, trips, and group activities
- Owning travel arrangements, bookings and expenses of the Director
- Working closely with the Assistants to the COO and other Directors
- Acting as the primary point person for team members and stakeholders who need input from the Director
- Assisting with project work and ad hoc miscellaneous initiatives, as needed
- You have a combination of education and experience in office administration and project management
- You can handle sensitive material and information with discretion and confidentiality
- You are a proactive problem solver in a fast-paced environment
- You are confident and honest, willing to continuously challenge yourself, learn, and grow
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an interest in writing and editing – preferably in both English and French
- You are hyper-organized and have meticulous attention to detail
- You have a keen interest in the Canadian Labour Movement and the Institute’s policy, communications, mobilization and government relations direction
- You are inspired by PIPSC’s mission to build a community that acts collectively in order to improve people’s lives
The Salary: $53,965 to $67,456 plus paid vacation, health and dental benefits. Bilingual candidates receive an additional bonus.
We know applying for a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time. Please be sure to include a cover letter that mentions why you think you are the right candidate for this role.
Applications, making reference to competition 19/42 and complete with curriculum vitae and cover letter, should be submitted by 4:00 p.m., October 3, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- Administrative: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)