PURPOSE OF JOB
To pick, pack, and quality check in a timely and accurate manner on a daily basis all bulk orders released for picking in the non-conveyable, pick tower, overstock racking, and floor bulk areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Policies and Practices:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains general cleanliness of the associated areas, all common areas, and other areas as assigned according to company standards.
- Maintain a high degree of personal standards and conduct.
- Accurate picking of bulk products and proper placement of shipping label so that it may be read by a scanner and/or other distribution personnel.
- Assist in the maintenance of the conveyor system through the clearing of box jams and executing the emergency stop in the event of a box jam.
- Splitting of bulk pick labels between the various bulk areas as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the label and ribbon supply of the bulk label printers
- Responsible for building pallets of non-conveyable items picked by shipping hub
- Use of RF scanner when functioning as the case pack selector in the overstock area
- Responsible for assisting in the training and cross-training of all associates in all area of bulk selection
- Responsible for RF scanning and terminal use
- Perform on the job in the most cost effective manner
- Properly secures company assets and physical inventory.
- Ensure that operational supplies used in the release process, i.e. ribbons and labels, are not wasted and are used in an efficient manner so as not to adversely impact the operational supplies budget.
- Required to acquire certification to operate material handling equipment. Training will be provided by the company.
- Responsible for the safe use of all material handling equipment.
- Required to wear a full body harness with a retractable lanyard when using material handling equipment other than pallet or lift trucks.
Responsible for informing management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment, common areas, and the general warehouse area.
Minimum of three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker preferred. Ability to become certified in the operation of all warehouse equipment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required.
Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.