Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to providing services for adults living with disabilities. Trailblazer currently serves more than 100 people in supported employment, volunteering, work experience, and recreation activities all with the goal of community inclusion.
The Day Program Assistant Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day oversight, development, and operation of Day Program. The Assistant Coordinator provides leadership, guidance and supervision to the Program team, and is responsible for ensuring that Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. philosophy and core values are adhered to and practiced within the Program.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
- High Work Standards: work ethic, attention to detail, time management, task completion, consistency, follow up, coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behavior
- Personal Management/ Development Skills: accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback
- Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring services are oriented to the goals and needs of the program clients
- Scheduling activities, cross training and volunteer placements for staff and clients
- Actively search for meaningful volunteer opportunities
- Communicate with volunteer placements ensuring both parties needs are met
- Create and maintain positive relationships and communication with parents and caregivers
- Enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide flexibility and adaptability to perform other functions as may be required
- Documentation; journal reporting; Incident reporting, behavior charting
- Submit regular updates to Coordinator regarding the progress and or needs of the client(s)
- Submit monthly status reports, and submit incident reports (as they occur) to the Coordinator
- Implement/develop individualized program plans of client(s) using community resources and activities to ensure maximum integration
- Administer medications when appropriately authorized to do so. Maintain records; follow up on missed meds' .
- Accompanying clients to appointments as required
- Follow up on employee concerns, effective feedback and yearly reviews
- Assist with petty cash as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Optimally, three year’s experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Disability and Community Support Diploma preferred.
- A good understanding of the Vulnerable Persons Act.
- Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check,
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search)
- Satisfactory Drivers’ Abstract and License.
- First Aid and CPR certificate and Non Violent Crisis Intervention
- Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills.
- A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 to $18.00 /hour