Senior PHP Developer - eBusinessCore
MavTek is a Montreal based leading technology company specializing in eCommerce and Digital Content Delivery. Our eBusinessCore has the vital responsibility to develop, maintain and improve tools and services used by departments within MavTek. We are creating autonomous teams who take full responsibility for their part of our development platform.
Currently we are seeking an engaged and enthusiastic Senior PHP Developer to join our dynamic team.
We need someone like you to:
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Create self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components.
- Build reusable code and libraries.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Participate and contribute into architecting and automating the build and deployment process
- Write extensive unit, integration and performance tests.
- Understand the problem that the software is supposed to solve, design a solution, develop and test it before releasing it to the public
- Conduct code reviews with the developers within the team.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team with the utilization of good practices and habits.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
What you’ll bring :
- Minimum 3 years of PHP experience
- Laravel experience, a must
- Experience with the entire LAMP Stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- Understanding of MySQL (MySQL 5+) including database design, encoding, performance.
- Experience with version control (GIT preferred).
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
- Optimize solutions using good industry practices (CDN, size and performance).
- Knowledge of Website caching (Redis, Memecached, Cloudfront, Varnish, etc.)
- Firm understanding of Git version control system and branching models such as Git Flow
What we offer:
- A collaborative work environment
- Competitive vacation packages
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch prepared by our on-site chef
- Flex and summer hours
- Access to onsite Ping-Pong tables
Job Type: Full-time