Let the Journey Begin!
As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking fresh talent to join our team.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort, and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018. Building on its success to date, this year marks the start of a new growth phase for both the hotel, as well as the resort, under common ownership, and an exciting time for the right individual to join the team.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full Time Associates.
- Subsidized staff housing available to those 19 years+
- Access to hotel amenities (pool, hot tub, gym, sauna)
- Ski, golf, bike mountain passes
- 50% off food in our outlets
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Handling, and guiding all aspects of the arrival and departure process as it relates to the Front Office in accordance with Sun Peaks Grand key standards.
- Effectively resolving guest complaints ensuring the guests’ needs are exceeded.
- Assisting / handling emergency situations, and making prompt decisions based on the best interest of the guest and Hotel.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism, providing exceptional guest service.
- Working closely with the Accounting department.
- Reconciling daily revenue from all revenue centers and preparing daily reports.
- Knowledge of all Hotel facilities/services, as well as the Kamloops / Sun Peaks area, with the ability to promote and direct guests to these areas.
- Participating actively in a multi-functional work environment.
- Providing excellent guest service.
- Being supportive of creativity and innovation, with a willingness to embrace and take part in changes.
- Working towards continuous improvement and quality.
- Experience and understanding of the front office and/or guest service areas and processes a definite asset.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office programs, and a strong working knowledge of Opera an asset.
- Team player and a self-starter, with the ability to effectively work independently.
- Professional and well organized.
- Focused individual with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work within and promote an innovative and multi-tasked environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- A passion for Guest Services and the proven ability for consistently anticipating guest needs.
- Ability to take on projects and see them through to completion.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, or a related field is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the Sun Peaks / Kamloops areas and available activities an asset.
- Must be flexible to work as business levels dictate (shift work).