1. Successful completion of an approved Personal Support Worker program that is a
minimum of 600 hours in duration, including both classroom time and practical
experience time. The Personal Support Worker program must meet the training standard
published by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, dated July/October
2014. Proof of graduation issued by the education provider is required.
2. A registered nurse or registered practical nurse with adequate skills and knowledge to
perform the duties of a personal support worker and who has the appropriate current
certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
3. Current enrollment in an educational program for registered nurses or registered
practical nurses and adequate skill and knowledge to perform the duties of a personal
support worker. Proof of enrollment by the education provider is required;
4. Current enrollment in a personal support worker program approved by the Ministry of
Training, College and Universities that is completing the practical experience
requirements of the program, provided they are under the supervision of a member of
the registered nursing staff and an instructor from the program;
5. A person that holds a diploma or certificate granted in another jurisdiction resulting from
a program that was a minimum of 600 hours in duration who has skills equivalent to
those acquired in the personal support worker program. Proof of graduation issued by
the education provider is required.
1. Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatments
and complete bedside care.
2. Knowledge of the basics of good sanitation and infection control principles to avoid the
spread of communicable illness.
3. Knowledge of the needs of the long term care resident.
4. Knowledge of the requirements of the Long Term Care Homes Act and corresponding
5. Ability to read and write appropriately.
1. Must be mature and possess effective communication, leadership and interpersonal
2. Must be in good physical and mental health.
3. Must demonstrate the skills to participate as a member multidisciplinary team in the
delivery of quality services to the residents.
4. Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of others.
5. Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be creative and resourceful.
6. Must be flexible and adaptive to change.
1. Constant standing and walking during work periods.
2. Turning, bending and lifting to assist residents, make beds, move equipment, and other
3. Finger and hand dexterity.
4. Visual and hearing acuity.
OMNI is committed to offering accommodations to applicants with disabilities wherever possible. If you require assistance or accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us at: phone 705-748-6631, or by fax 705-742-9197.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card, or Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
OMNI welcomes direct applications form individuals seeking employment through Indeed’s website but does not recognize Recruitment Agencies or Services.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent