A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
This is a temporary position as a Purchasing Coordinator to join our Demand Management team until August 2020.
A typical day
- Support Shaw’s transformational ERP activities as directed by the Manager, Purchasing & Supplier Management
- Ensure purchasing data accuracy and update documentation as needed
- Ensure service levels are met through effective supplier relationship management
- Expedite product deliveries to meet challenging project timelines
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and communicate changes they will be affected by
- Provide front line quality, process conformance, and invoicing issue resolution with suppliers
- Provide input into Supplier KPIs and strategic operations reviews, and use KPI metrics to prevent or correct supplier performance issues
- Work closely with the project managers, strategic sourcing and other core team members, to ensure alignment and joint accountability for successful achievement of project and operational goals
- Degree or diploma with Supply Chain background
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent proficiency MS Office
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self driven individual who is lean-focused and embraces change
- Experience with Oracle is an asset
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- The posting will close on February 25th
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.