National Shunt Service is a family-owned and operated transportation Company that serves markets across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing innovative yard management services (operations and technology), we execute a TOTAL YARD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM for any type of warehouse, manufacturer, or cross-dock operation in North America. We manage over 150,000 shipment movements per month for some of the leading name brand manufacturers and major retailers in North America.
Here at NSSL, we are always looking for our future leaders. This entry level position offers a complete immersion into our field from an operational standpoint. Not only will you work alongside our current successful leaders but make impactful decisions that affect our business and prepare you for your future career in management. We’re seeking an energetic, goal-oriented professional who is looking to start their career with us in a challenging field with a company that provides the support you need to succeed.
- Actively supervisor employees through communicating requirements, encouraging, mentoring, coaching and training
- Strategically build employee schedules to meet client’s needs
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Create reports for customers and internal operations on key performance metrics
- Maintain routine communication with both the NSSL Operations team and our drivers, and proactively update management regarding site activity
- Maintain a safe environment and comply with all MTO regulations
- Coordinate and complete incident reports, audits, and follow up with the Ops and HR team
- Off shift and weekend yard presence occasionally required
- Pursue opportunities to improve existing processes by having a positive attitude towards change, supporting continuous improvements by taking the lead
- Monitor truck condition and communicate with Operations team when repair(s) required
- Adhere to and exemplify all company policies, procedures and business ethics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Valid Class 1 License an asset
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Work in a non-biased manner
- Ability to work various shift times
- Ability to travel as needed within Canada and to the United States
We are committed to make our recruitment process inclusive and accessible to all applicants. Accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal opportunity throughout the hiring process.
We are grateful to all candidates who apply to work with our organization; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are always looking for great people to join our team! If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, NSSL may be the right place for you to grow your career. For more information about National Shunt Service and other career opportunities, please visit www.nationalshunt.com
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Class A Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person