The Chemist I is an entry-level position accountable to the Department Manager, and is responsible for chemistry testing and review to support the production facility.
**Please note this position runs on the afternoon shift from 2:00pm to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday**
- Samples, tests and evaluates raw materials, bulk and finished products against parameters defined in specifications in a timely manner using in-house and compendial methods
- Effectively utilizes laboratory equipment as required
- Participates in OOS investigations as necessary
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment
- Provides support during internal and external audits as required
- Follows GMP and regulatory requirements, and ensures quality standards are met
- Observes and supports all safety guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrates the Company Mission, Vision and Values Statements, policies, and current standard business practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in Chemistry or related discipline
- Experience in pharmaceutical or related industry is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to problem solve
- Proficient time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a self-directed team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Experience with Empower and LIMS is an asset
- Availability to work Monday to Friday, 2:00pm to 10:00pm
How to attend
- Look for the Aecon Building - located on Sheldon Dr between Hespeler Rd and Franklin Blvd
- Parking available onsite
- Location is also accessible via public transit
What to prepare
- Please bring a copy of your resume
- A bright smile :)
- Masks are recommended but not mandatory
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
About Septodont (Novocol Pharma)
Septodont is a leading manufacturer of dental pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The French-based company employs over 1,900 people globally. We have six manufacturing plants in France, India, North and South America, and an international distribution network that is dedicated to serving the needs of dental professionals in more than 150 countries. Our North American operations has facilities in Ontario, Montreal, and Pennsylvania. It also has Latin American operations with facilities in Brazil and Colombia. We are very proud and excited to be celebrating our 90th anniversary this year!
The Cambridge location is our manufacturing facility in Ontario, which produces dental anesthetics and houses Novocol Pharma. Novocol Pharma is a growing contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), specializing in sterile injectable cartridges and combination product manufacturing. We strive for excellence and customer-centricity to deliver value to global pharmaceutical clients through contract services for drug development and commercial manufacturing.
With over 40 years in operation and modern facilities located in Cambridge, Ontario, our team of over 500 employees provide a personalized and responsive experience for our customers. We are focused on serving our strategic partners with quality, integrity, and value.
Our employees are our number one asset!
- Developmental opportunities
- Excellent compensation, shift premiums and benefits programs
- Annual bonus and reward programs
- Signing Bonus
- Discounted gym memberships
- Work/life balance programs
- Employee recognition
- Social events, and spirit days
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!