The Assistant Store Manager, through execution of Store Manager directives, assists in maximizing sales, creating a positive, fun and outwardly-friendly environment, guiding store operations to meet brand standards and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, as well as ensuring our customers receive excellent customer service. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for store operations in absence of the Store Manager.
As an Assistant Store Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
Manage the operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager
- Provide exceptional customer service and shopping experiences for our customers; being a strong brand ambassador through knowledge and understanding of our products
Work in partnership with the Store Manager to help meet and exceed all company set sales and operational goals
Drive sales through leadership and coaching on the sales floor
Communicate field and/or market data to the appropriate department leaders when required
Assist the Store Manager in all merchandising, marketing and visual presentation aspects of the store
- Receive and process company product accurately and efficiently while preserving the organization of the backroom
Maintain replenishment of product on the sales floor to company standards
- Support the Store Manager with securing company assets through the implementation of loss prevention policies and procedures
Maintain a safe and clean store environment for our team members and customers. Participate in store housekeeping duties.
Ensure the compliance of all company and store policies and procedures
Contribute to store and region success by accomplishing related results as needed
Assist the Store Manager in hiring, training and supervising the performance of our team members
Assist the Store Manager to ensure the successful onboarding and training of new team members
Support the Store Manager with employee performance management
- Model the Carter’s Company Values and Leadership Behaviours
2+ years' retail management or supervisory experience
High energy, enthusiastic team leader with a proven dedication to customer service
Interest in growing your career into a Store Manager role
A history of meeting and/or exceeding KPIs
Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to motivate others.
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Excellent visual merchandising abilities
Working knowledge of computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to move and replace fixtures, shelves and hardware throughout the store
Ability to use ladders on a frequent basis
Capacity to stand for long periods
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Eight hour shifts up to 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts a week and a weekend shift.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.