Responsible for overall execution of daily laundry production activities while ensuring cost effectiveness, timeliness, and accuracy of processing as well as high product quality. Manages staff to ensure standardized, safe, and efficient processing of soiled garments/products: wash and dry aisle; dryer offloading, sorting and bundling, and processing of product for storage or delivery. Monitors production levels and proactively adjusts to ensure product output levels are met in a timely, safe, cost-effective manner, and in line with quality standards. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with Branch Management team and keeps them informed of production issues. Leverages resources of Engineering team as needed to address and overcome production issues. This position is required to follow Company policies and legal requirements, including among other things; Statement of Business Ethics; equal opportunity; confidentiality/non-disclosure; and harassment-free, respectful, violence-free and drug-free workplace.
- Manage the day-to-day production activities at branch. Ensure processing takes place in a timely, safe, cost-effective, and efficient manner. Activities to be managed include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and supports a culture of adherence to branch standardization in support of, financial, quality, service, and safety goals. Ensures this dedication is followed by entire production staff.
- Sets and ensure production goals are meet for the efficient, timely, quality and profitable completion of activities for a given product.
- Schedules work flow and daily production for the branch. Coordinates plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Perform production audits in plant, as needed, to ensure optimum production efficiency and quality outputs.
- Proactively intervenes when there are found bottlenecks or issues with any production run or process. Seeks out efficient and timely resolution to issues. Communicates with branch management on resolution activities and timing.
- Establish close working relationship with plant engineer to ensure efficient, safe, and cost effective review of equipment, energy, and waste-water processing.
- Work with branch management, identify and implement systems and methods that will improve operating efficiency consistent with operating goals, cost constrains and safety guidelines.
- Ensure production measures (i.e. production costs and product quality) are up to date and trends are communicated to branch management. Suggests modifications to production as needed to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the plan.
Production Team Oversight and Development
- Responsible for the hiring, placement, and removal of production staff within branch. Consults and works with management on the best action to take in regards to staffing.
- Effectively evaluates, coaches, and develops each team and their skills in accordance with Company policies and all applicable laws to grow and develop each team.
- Proactively leads and champions Talent Development programs and efforts within assigned area(s) of responsibility. Ensures all production employees receive needed job training.
- Participates in the appropriate and fair resolution of union issues when necessary.
- Holds formal yearly performance discussions with each production supervisor(s) on his/her assigned team(s) informal quarterly check-ins and formal mid-year check-in. Ensures each production employee is steadfastly enhancing his/her skills and abilities.
- Ensure the branch is consistent in its management and application of safety tasks and activities.
- Work with the Safety Manager as needed to establish safety rules and guidelines for the location. Maintain steady communication with key leaders within the branch to ensure safety is a topic of keen interest for all employees.
- Post-secondary education (two-years suggested) in Industrial and/or Mechanical Engineering/Technology, business or related discipline or equivalent business/work experience
- Two to four years’ experience in a corporate production environment with management experience included.
- Proven track record of increasing responsibility with documented business results
- Proven ability to build effective professional relationships cross-departmentally within a branch.
Preferred Education Experience
- Degree in Industrial and/or Mechanical Engineering/Technology, business or related discipline or equivalent business/work experience
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work within a fast-paced environment, yet willing and able to work effectively with ambiguous circumstances.
- Demonstrated capability with competencies for the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Production Management: 2 years (Preferred)