MARKET DEVELOPMENT AGRONOMIST
With a strong focus on innovation, research and development the Market Development Agronomist (MDA) contributes to the overall growth of Crop Management Network. The MDA promotes the CMN brand by communicating current trends/findings, demonstrating product performance, training staff and supports the Account Managers with the agronomic advice we offer our farmers.
- Advise key farmers and support Account Managers on determining the best cropping practices that will improve economic returns, as well as protect environmental sustainability.
- Provide agronomic and product positioning coaching to the sales team, acting as an expert on CMN’s products
- Work with Account Managers and producers to encourage soil testing and plant analysis to determine cropnutrient needs and match fertility programs with those needs.
- Along with CMN Account Managers visit existing and potential customer farms and provide field scouting services to better understand customer requirements
- Participate and coordinate technology transfer and training activities.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Arrange and participate in advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other relevant groups.
- Communicate and represent CMN within the research community to learn of the latest methods for controlling disease, weeds, and insects.
- Work within a Marketing/Sales budget to promote the business, inform our growers, develop/maintain relationships and maintain a presence within our community.
- Arrange and participate in CMN events and act on behalf of CMN at industry events.
- Work with the Director of Sales, Account Managers & Location Managers to identify meaningful promotional offerings to farmers.
Field Testing Programs
- Work with the Director of Sales to connect with manufactures/suppliers to build mutually beneficial relationships when it comes to research and development of their products.
- Coordinate and manage the CMN Trial Committee; identify programs, field testing and trials for new product launches.
- Arrange for farmer visits, send out trial progress reports to Account Managers, maintain trials as needed, and harvest trials.
- Data management, quality review and timely submission of trial results to CMN Account Managers.
- Degree or Diploma in Ag Business/Ag Science
- Preferred a minimum 5 years of experience vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Possesses CCA or PAg designation, or is working towards achieving it is a definite asset but not required
- Proven strong time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Proven strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Teams, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven knowledge of sales principles and practices
- Ability to provide a strong focus on customer service and follow through
- Willing to travel to CMN retail locations and CMN customers locations on a regular basis
Job Type: Full-time
- vocational: 5 years (Required)