February 17, 2022
GROVES MEMORIAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
(TEMPORARY PART TIME)
One (1) temporary part time Screening Clerk position is available with the Wellington Health Care Alliance. The work site for this position will be Groves Memorial Community Hospital (Fergus).
The Screener greets all patients, visitors, staff, and community members as they enter our Alliance hospitals. Screening Clerks apply all policies and procedures that shape our reception of guests and ensure the safety and security of our premises. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Screening Clerks administer COVID-19 screening protocols to all persons entering Alliance hospitals, track statistical information related to their screening duties, and provide information and wayfinding support to meet patient, visitor, staff and community needs.
- Greet people entering Alliance hospitals, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Promote and ensure patient, visitor, staff, and community member compliance with hospital infection control admittance requirements when individuals motion to enter the hospital.
- Review, understand, and actively apply a hospital screening standard (ie. process) that assesses persons for signs/symptoms of COVID-19.
- Responsible for maintaining, organizing, presenting, and distributing a supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and hand hygiene products to persons entering Alliance hospitals.
- Actively listen, reflect, and respectfully resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians.
- Work independently and in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Track visitor statistical information and perform other screening and/or clerical duties as assigned.
- Communication: speaking, listening to others, and written communication.
- Interpersonal: empathy, respecting others, teamwork, and conflict management.
- Customer service: identification and analysis of visitor needs, working with clients, quality control, service orientation and delivery.
- Self-management: self-motivated, acting with confidence, managing your own learning, demonstrating flexibility.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including infection control masks, face shields, gowns, and/or gloves.
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Required to work in a seated position for extended period of time.
- High level of interaction with hospital staff, patients, families and other members of the community.
- Exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and communicable diseases.
HOURS OF WORK
- Must be available for all shifts, including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; can communicate instructions or directions in a clear, kind, and authoritative manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of staff and the community; ability to maintain polite and courteous manner in stressful situations.
- Must be reliable, with excellent attendance, and willing to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:30am and 11:30pm (hours subject to change).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required.
- Satisfactory Reference Checks required prior to start date.
- Must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must complete a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including providing proof of full COVID vaccination prior to being hired.
- Enrolled in (or completed) post-secondary education in a health care field.
- Previous healthcare work experience.
- Previous community volunteer experience.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume on BambooHR at the following link: https://whca.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by 4:00pm on February 25, 2022.
INTERNAL applicants please apply with your work email address.
EXTERNAL applicants are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.